First Day at Home

Tulip81
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 pm 
Post subject: First Day at Home
Hi All
I am 6 weeks pregnant and a long way off bringing my baby home but are curious to know what mothers did on their first day at home. I am wondering whether you would stit and just cuddle your baby or did you go out visiting....I am just over excited I guess. Any first day experiences I would love to read about. Best wishes Very Happy
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, im only 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby, but i just wanted to say, i think you will just be sitting in and people can come and visit you if you want. I dont think your aloud out for 10 days because your baby hasnt had any injections and can get infections easily xx
Fairycakes777
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject: wel...
the day i got home was my birthday believe it or not..we just wrapped him up to the high heavens and took him for a stroll in his pushchair to see some relatives. Never was told you had to stay in ten days after he was born..infact never heard anyone say it unless i was just not listening!lol

take care xxx
mama2Audie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
The first day my husband and I brought Audie home, we had lots of guests come by and visit even some unexpected.. ihad a c-section so couldnt get around very fast or well so it was very helpful to have such a great husband to help.. the next day we went around and "showed" him off =] good luck with everything!

Christina
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
We brought our baby home at 7.30pm, so the next day, we had visitors, my mum and my stepdad. I think the '10 day rule' is for the mums really, as the baby wont have its injections until 6 weeks anyway. However, if you do take them out, make sure they are well wrapped up. We only took ours out after a week or so to register her birth, as I struggled to walk with all the stitches i'd had. Just make sure that you rest rest rest, because if your baby doesnt sleep, neither do you and its hard! Good luck hunnies x
tealbutterfly
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
wow i'm so shocked at how soon mum's here have taken their newborns out. i'm only 14 weeks...so i have no idea what i will be feeling like then, but i don't expect to take my lil one out for the first few weeks. might be a traditional thing, because i think my family would go absolutely mad if i said i was taking a day old baby out! perhaps it's time for me to break tradition lol.
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
hi my babies were all prem so they were in hospital tii they were 6 weeks old so hopeing next one will stay in long enough to come home with me
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I had my baby at home on a Friday at 1am, the midwives tucked me & the baby up in bed!

At 830am my mum, sister, bro & sis-in-law all came trawling into the bedroom. I stayed in the bedroom for 3 days!! as my baby had jaundice I would lay on the bed with her as we had lovely Autumn sunshine coming through the window, which helped clear the jaundice.

Had everything I needed so was no need for me to go downstairs, another big reason was I wanted my insides to settle down, but this was just my personal choice

My partner & I took our baby out for a walk in the park in a front carrier a week after she was born.

I think its up to you and how you are feeling as to when you decide when you go out with your baby Very Happy

Goodluck and enjoy & bond with your bump! Very Happy
joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 pm 
Post subject: first day home
my first day home with my second child is a bit of a blur close family came to visit but your just getting use to having a baby that changing feeding washing take up all your time.Someboby once said to me just after having a baby that they where still in the pyjamas at dinner time and i thought how can one baby that dosent do much except sleep (obviously not at night though)cause that much disruption but they do. Forget chores just enjoy the first days with your baby,take things easy aswell I was out shopping and showing off my first child a few days after he was born looking back it was to soon I was on auto pilot.SLEEP DEPRIVATION AWAITS YOU GOOD LUCK
lauree
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
the second i brought my baby home i was on the phone inviting everybody round as i wanted everyone to meet my lil man. within half an hour i had a house full and i had a constant stream of visitors that whole weekend. i was silently wishing every1 would just bugger off and couldnt understand why id asked them to come! next time ill insist that everyone stays away for a good few days so me and my immediate family ( daddy 1st born) can enjoy the new arrival and all get some rest!
nmoore
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
when i first came home with my baby i went out shopping for new baby clothes only to get told of by the midwife when she found out and she told me i should be taking it easy.

kellyinlondon
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
i had stitches so decided to take it easy. just relaxed and held my daughter, we had visitors and my husband cooked a roast as it was sunday. The midwife visited and i just spent the whole day checking on my baby and taking pictures of her. It was lovely!
ChristineB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:38 am 
Post subject: first day home
go with the flow -its not called labour for nothing -it is exhausting-so is being awake feeding baby at all hours, and sitting watching them when they sleep. have the freezer filled before your due date.
if you want to sit in your jammys do it, people will come to you, they are all dying for a cuddle from a new baby,enjoy the fuss and attention.
no-one will be expecting you to do the visiting, though after a few days you may feel couped up and feel a need to get out for a while but take it easy.be good to yourself
Loobylou
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

On our 1st day home we had asked for no visitors as we just wanted to settle in quietly with our new baby, we were calm and relaxed and did not have to worry about the door bell going every 1/2 an hour, as a result our daughter settled in really well, she was really calm and content. The next day we started with visitors but we asked people if they could phone us first to make sure it was a good time, and everyone was lovely, so respectful and understanding. However i was not prepared for the overwhelming number of visitors we had it was amazing people were coming from everywhere.

Its a wonderful time bringing your baby home, but my advice would be YOU set the times and days when people come, as you will be tired too and you dont want to be too stressed.

Enjoy every moment xx
PinkFairy
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
we got home about 8ish at night the next day we just lounged about had family popping in for visits
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular