Any advice please....

Mandy2110
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:05 pm 
Post subject: Any advice please....
Hi everyone im quite new here i thought id leave my story.

Im 21 and my df is 27, we've not been using contraception for 2 years in january but still ive not got pregnant, the thing is i got pregnant when i was 17 by mistake but had a mc this was not with my df this was with an ex. My df already has a 5 year old with his ex partner so i dont have a clue whats going on as we didnt think that we would have any problems getting pregnant. Everyone i speak to about this keeps saying im young so i shouldnt worry about it but this doesnt help because just because im 21 doesnt make it any easier, its not like im going to get to a certain age then start worrying about it anyway i was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? Thanks for reading this x
lucylu2
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Mandy,

Im 21 too, ive been off the pill for almost 4 months and still not. I realise that isnt as long as you, but im as frustrated. Its awful when everyone around you seems to get pregnant when they miss one pill or whatever. Its just that we are young people dont take it a serious, i was 3 weeks late for my period last month and was convinced i was, in fact i still am. My period was very light and i have a few pregnancy symptoms.....probably not just in my head!

Have you considered having any tests, as they do say after a certain amount of time its worth doing. Could do any harm just to see!

xxx
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi Mandy 2110, when you say you have been trying for two years have you been trying ie, charting your ovulation times etc, or just having unprotected sex?

I'm 36 and have just started trying for my first. I never realised until I started researching it what an art form getting pregnant is!!!! Confused

There's lots of info here and on the web but it wouldn't do you any harm to chat with your GP or community midwife. This may just put your mind at rest and take away some of your stress Smile
sutty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mandy2110
I was 21 wen i came off the pill and me and my husband tried for 18 months for a baby, i then went to the doctors and they did all sorts of tests, u shud go and talk to your doc there is no harm in asking. I found out i had poly cystic ovaries, less then a year later but with treatment i am now pregnant, i say u should just go and speak to doc, u never no and if anything it will just give u piece of mind xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular