FEWER BOWEL MOVEMENTS

JMG07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:30 pm 
Post subject: FEWER BOWEL MOVEMENTS
My 8 week old son has not had a bowel movement in 5 days. HE is breastfeeding and bottle feeding. Is this normal?? How many days is normal for not having a bowel movement?
SAMMIE1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:49 pm 
Post subject: fewer or no bowel movements
I'm also having a problems with my 4 1/2 month old baby that has been constipated since she was 2 months old. The books say that children of this age normally go every day but some children only move their bowels every 2/3 days and this is not a problem as long as its not hard to pass. I spoke to my doctor about this and he disagreed. He said all babies must go every day. My daughter ends up in so much pain unless we give her a suppository every day. We do this as a last resort as we have tried everything else like herbals remedies and changing her milk but nothing works.

We have also taken her for an x-ray and blood test's as some time constipation can be down to a lazt thyroid. These all came back fine.
survivorofcolic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:49 pm 
Post subject: bowel problems
try going to a chiropractor. they can loosen the area on the back where the nerves run to the bowel. It Works!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 am 
Post subject:
My baby is breastfed except for 1 bottle of formular in the evening. He passes a motion every 3/4 days. I told a health visitor and she said this was perfectly normal for a breastfed baby. Check that what comes out is soft consistancy like putty or colmans mustard. If not then it may well be constipation, of which i know nothing I'm afraid.
Regards
Smile
muffin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
I have a 8 month old just started getting conspitation in last 2 wks tired prune and orange juice and kiwi its so hard on little baby is there any thiing else i could try Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
kellyinlondon
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 am 
Post subject:
My 10 week old daughter had very bad constipation and would go 3-4 days without going. The doctor prescribed her a laxative and I changed her milk to one with a prebiotic in it. (cow & Gate) now she goes everyday sometimes twice and her stools are a lot softer. There is a certain brand of milk out there that has a reputation for making babies constipated because there is no prebiotic in it. (begins with S and ends with A) Talk to your doctor or health visitor about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular