My 4 1/2 Month Old doesn't go to bed until 10pm

Emum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject: My 4 1/2 Month Old doesn't go to bed until 10pm
My 4 1/2 month old baby sleeps quite well at night (From 10pm until 4.30 then feeds, then goes until 7.30am) however he is very active and alert in the evening. All my friends seem to put their baby down at 7pm for the night. Does anyone else have their baby up with them all evening? And how do I attempt to change his routine. I've tried the calm, subdued evening thing but he isn't having any of it!
jen1982
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
my baby is 18 weeks and has hardly ever gone to sleep at night before nine in the evening. i have tried everything as well. i think that if you try and put them down ten minutes earlier at night then it can be a gradual thing but i have got my daughter into a bad habit of her falling asleep on the breast. i have not got any tips but i thought you should know that it is nice to know that you are not alone x[/i]
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Well i can get my 5month daughter to bed at 7, as when she was born i thought i'd try to get her into a routine!!....Ok it starts off good....

However she wakes up every 2hours!! Then when she wakes up at about 3am until about 5am, although I must admit the last couple of nights she has woken up every 2hours, but has gone back off to sleep after having a quick breast feed!

I'm hoping she will start to improve as she gets older! Then again my mum said i was the same and never liked sleeping, i started sleeping through the night when i was about 5or 6years of age, so i think my daughers following me! Shocked
Glitterita
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
]My 3 month old daughter has the same routine. 10:30 to about 4:30-5 and then again at about 7:30-8.I actually enjoy that she she stays up when were up and we all go to bed 2getha.If I was to put my baby in bed at 7 she'd probably be up when Im getting to bed. Every baby's and parents routines are diffrent.If your childs routine is interfering with your sleep try giving him a nap at about 4 then a bath afterwards then feed him and settle him down for the night. If hes not interfering with anything let him be and enjoy his company.
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
I'd go to bed with her at 7! as she'd wake up every 2 hours for feeds! Confused So we'd both be ready for nap

However she is now sleeping a lot better due to being on solids. She is now ready to go to bed at 7/730pm & now wakes at abt 3am for quick feed & nappy change and sleeps till 7/730. So shes improved soo much Razz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular