Wont Nap during the day.........HELP !!

OBMom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:49 pm 
Post subject: Wont Nap during the day.........HELP !!
Hi,
I am hoping someone can advise me - I have a 10 month old who will happily sleep all night but refuses to sleep during the day. I am not sure what to do .. he sleeps for about an hour each day - 2 naps of about 30 minutes and is exhausted by mid afternoon

I have started the controlled crying but he never goes back to sleep after he wakes up, (after 30 mins) so I end up picking him up after about and hour and a half of 15 minute visits - Am I supposed to keep going in to him ? or just let him cry it out for longer.
I know everyone says it only takes 3 days to sleep train but I am finding its taking me longer so I must be doing something wrong ...
Does anyone have some advice ---- thanks Cracking up Smile
fiant
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi,
My seven month old baby is not a good sleeper during the day either... maybe two naps of 45 minutes a day.. I have read that there is no reliable way of getting them to sleep longer.. you just have to cope with it... Sorry , i'm no real help!
Maybe try going for walks, getting out of the house so your day doesn't seem so long..
OBMom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject: Thank you ! Daytime Nap
Thanks for your reply .... its reassuring to know that I am not the only one with a baby. who doesnt need long sleep during the day. I have resigned myself to the fact that he's a great night sleeper and mini naps during the day are better than none Smile I just found it hard to listen to him crying when there was no progress and it all ended up with him being picked up ! thanks x
FD
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I used white noise successfully firstly to actually get my daughter to sleep and then later to extend her nap times in stages from 10 mins to 20 mins then to 40 and now up to 1.5 hours, occassionally she will go for 2 hrs.

If you want more info then please let me know

FD
www.calmsleepingbaby.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular