Had a false alarm last night and feel a bit silly now!

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject: Had a false alarm last night and feel a bit silly now!
I've promised myself the whole way through the pregnancy that I would only go to the hospital if it was absolutely nessasary and I'd done as much of the labor at home as possible. I'm 37 weeks by the way.

So now I feel silly because yesturday I leaked a bit of clear fluid and had to change my trousers. I wasn't bothered by it but mentioned to MrBooter a few hours later. He then panicked and looked on the internet (worse thing to do by the way) and it said that if you leak any fluid you should get it checked out. I called my MW and she told me to call the M/unit as she thought it was the onset of labor. The M/unit told me to come up and get checked out. So off we went and they monitored little one's heart beat for about 20 mins and then gave me an internal inspection. So, after all that, it was just discharge apparantly. The monitor picked up some very strong BH's but that was it. They were very helpful but now I feel like a right plonka for not going with my instincts! Embarassed

Is anyone as silly as me?
Excitedmumtobe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi, my midwife said that this happens all of the time! You shouldnt feel silly. Its not always easy to tell for definite whether its labour! I get braxton hicks all of the time and lie awake thinking 'is this it'!! And they do tell you to go straight to hospital if you think your waters have broken. I think you did the right thing, and I bet they see it every day!
booter
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Sarah. I too get BH's all the time and even had one evening recently when they came every 5 mins over the space of an hour. I knew it couldn't be the real thing as it wasn't really painful. Anyway, the MW seemed impressed by the intensity of the BH's I had last night so I was pleased about that. Lets hope the real one's are similar to the BH's, lol, I'm living in a dream world!! How long do you have left to go Sarah and are you nervous at all?
Excitedmumtobe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, i'm due on wednesday 12th! Cant believe it's so soon now! How long have you got left?? Hopefully if the BH's are impressive, you wont have to wait much longer!
booter
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
5 days to go then, that's fantastic. I seem to have become less mobile and more huge daily so I'm really looking forward to seeing my little one and getting my body back in the process - lol. I am due on the 27th so a little longer for me to go.

Let me wish you the best of luck if I don't speak to you again before your due date and also that I hope you have as relatively pain free labor as possible.

All the best
gingin
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
booter you shouldnt feel like a plonker - you plonker !!! that is what hospitals are there for and what if it had been the real thing - you would have felt more of a plonker if you had stayed at home convincing everyone it wasnt labour
anyway it will all be over soon - sounds to me like its imminent
fingers crossed
g
x
booter
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gingin,

Hope you and mini bump are well. Thanks, you are right. I can't begin to tell you how impatient I have become since being at the hospital the other night. But he's going to come when he's ready.

x
Excitedmumtobe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
I had my own little 'scare' earlier this evening - i was getting pains so bad, and the baby was moving so much, it felt as though it was trying to escape!! Anyway, we timed them for a bit, and they were coming about every 15 minutes, and then about 7pm, just stopped!! I hope that it was my little one getting good and ready to make an appearance!
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
Well, you never know excitedmumtobe, what with just 3 days to go it could be anytime now. Sounds like he\she is getting ready. Have you had the nesting instinct yet? They say not every woman gets it. They also say that some women experience an upset tum tum just before labor as a way of the body clearing things out in preparation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular