Help with getting pregnant with PCOS

jotaylor11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:09 pm 
Post subject: Help with getting pregnant with PCOS
hi - not sure where to look for advice but this place looks good, i hope someone can help.
i have just been told i have pcos, i've had 3 periods in the last 11 months, this being the only symptom and have been trying for a baby since last April - with no luck, i have only just been seen by a consultant at the hospital on the reason i just wanted to get my periods back, my gp was very slow in refering me, he thought i should try for another year before the ivf treatment, anyway the consultant suggested that Metformin would be given in order to get my periods back, i didn't ask about any treatment that would help me get pregnant and i wondered if there is anything i should ask him about next week - i am really worried that i wont be able to have anymore children, i'm lucky enough to have a 3 year old and i didn't now i had pcos then or if i did at all.

thanks jo xx

(sorry for babbling on)!!
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi ive been ttc for 14 months now and have read up an ALOT of things lol, i did read that metformin is given in small dosages and really helps concieve quite fast. Just wanted to say good luck x
erj74
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
hi jo,
i was diagnosed with pcos 5 years ago and have had a couple of surgeries since then to try and keep my ovaries releasing eggs. My boyfriend and I talked about it lots and when we decided we wanted children i had no idea how long it was going to take or how difficult it would be - to be honest I was so frightened that it would never happen but they said at the hospital that there was lots we could try. Anyway, in July this year I started on metformin, we decided that we wou;ld give it six months before we started with all the charts and temperature taking etc and then if that didn;t work we would take whatever the next steps were - but low and behold, the most amazing thing happen, two months later I was pregnant Very Happy I know that i was so unbelieveably lucky and feel totally blessed but would recommend metformin to anyone trying to conceive with pcos. My docs said that everyhting was just right for us and i'm not saying that it would be like that for everyone but we have had a really positive experience.
I wish you all the luck in the world and please let me know how it goes, i have everything crossed for you xxx
jotaylor11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject: pcos and getting pregnant
just from reading the posts on this website i know it would be good - thank you for your advice, i'm pleased i'm not the only one to go through this!

Good luck to you all if your pregnant or trying like me xx
sutty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i was told i had pcos just a year ago. I didnt have a period for a long time. All i can say is ask your gynecologist about clomid i used this for 1 course and fell pregnant straight away. I also have a neighbour who has used the same treatment and had the same results. i no every womens body is different but worth asking about gl
conypony
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject: I was diagnosed with POCS & have been taking clymed.
I was diagnosed over a year ago and had a period every 3 months. I`ve been taking cylmed and have just found out i`m 6 weeks pregnant! It can be done!
raych28
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:47 pm 
Post subject: im 17 weeks pregnant with PCOS
hi me an partner had been ttc for 5 years as i had PCOS i brought myself an ovulation monitor and some clomid tablets back in sept 2007, i ovulated first time using clomid and got pregnant but i had a miscarriage early november Crying or Very sad but at least i knew i could get preg, after misscarriage i only had intercourse with partner once and i am now 17 weeks and 1 day pregnant. i still have monitor and some clomid tablets left Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular