5 weeks too early to test??

tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject: 5 weeks too early to test??
Hi just a quickie.... does any one think testing at 7-8 days late for period is too early?? got positive wed but neg yesterday?? Just wondering really
Thanks xx
Marien
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:05 pm 
Post subject: Test!
Hi, I don't think testing when 7-8 days late is too early, some tests can detect Hcg as early as four days BEFORE your period is due. If your positive result was faint it is still a positive result, false negatives are common but to read positive you would have to have some Hcg in your urine, meaning you are pregnant (congratulations). If you test first thing in the morning there is likely to be a higher amount of the hormone in your urine and if you're not producing much Hcg yet it may not show on a less sensitive test. If in doubt I would ask your GP. Good luck! Smile
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi just to let you know started to bleed today, never mind Sad
Marien
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject: Bad luck!
Bad luck hon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, feel free to ask me anything you like. Good luck for the future xx
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you its nice to talk to people who understand Very Happy
Do yuo think i could of had a miscarridgeas i had + preg test???
Its weird because i have no period pains at all and normally iim crippled (taking codine and paraceatmol every three hours) but NOTHING not even proper bleed. (im coming back a man!!!) LOL
Thanks xx
Marien
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
You're welcome! I honestly don't know if you could have had a miscarriage - anything's possible especially as you had a +ve result, but I really think you should have a little chat with your GP even if it is just to put your mind at rest. Please don't feel like you're being silly asking your Doc about this, that's why they're there after all, and if he/she isn't sympathetic then ask to see another GP - I did and I have a really nice one now!

I hope it was a (rare but not completely unheard of) false positive rather than a mc but if it was a MC maybe it is better to have it early than to get too attached and have it later - even though it REALLY sucks (I had one last year) whenever it happens. Either way I really hope you're ok and I definitely think if it was me I'd want to chat to a doc about it just to ease my mind. My hubby is making noises about dinner now so I'm offline until tomorrow early evening but I'll be back to chat about anything you want if you feel like it. (I didnt want you to think I was ignoring you in case you replied so just thought I'd let you know I have to go). Keep your chin up honey, you're not alone! Very Happy xx
Marien
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject: Just a thought
Just a thought before I go, if it is VERY light bleeding it COULD be implantation bleeding when the foetus embeds itself in your uterus wall - I've copied a couple of articles from the web for you. If you're really worried you could ring NHS Direct and talk to them about it since you'll have to wait till Monday to talk to your GP. I hope this helps, I don't want to raise your hopes but I thought you should be aware of all the possibilities. All the best, Marien xx

"Another early symptom and a complicated one as some people dispute its existence altogether. The basic concept is that as the egg burrows into the lining of the womb it causes some slight bleeding known as “implantation bleeding”. Implantation occurs at between 4 and 10 days past ovulation and so implantation bleeding could be seen at anywhere between one an two weeks after conception, which makes it one of the only symptoms of pregnancy in the first week. Most women who experience this describe the bleeding as very light and normally pink in colour rather than bright red. Don’t worry if you don’t get this it does not mean that you are not pregnant, only a very small number of women report spotting before their period is due. " This is from MomasPlace.com

"However, many women can experience some breakthrough bleeding while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period." This is from http://www.clearblueeasy.com/UnderstandingPregnancySymptoms.cfm

"Implantation bleeding or cramping. About eight days after ovulation, you may experience implantation spotting, a slight staining of a pink or brown colour, as well as some cramping. You might also see some spotting around the time you expect your period; this is caused by the egg burrowing into the endometrial lining. " from http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/toptensignsofpregnancy/

[/b]
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks really intresting info. Got a app for wed with female gp to talk things through xx
Marien
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject: GP app
Good for you, good luck with your GP appointment. Let me know how it goes if you like/want to talk about it Very Happy xx
lynsey07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i have been told you can have a wrong result if its negative but if its positive then its 99& accurate - goodluck x
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi thanks just to let you know i mc at 6.5 weeks but fingers crossed for this month xx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi tinkerbell,

I have had this before. I had 4 positive home pregnancy tests but quite faint, but 5 days later I started bleeding. I went to A&E who took my blood, and my hcg level was only 18, so I had had a very early miscarriage, usually called a chemical pregnancy. Although no-one counts this as a miscarriage itself, I still found it quite upsetting. Anyway, fingers crossed that you concieve again soon. Good luck.

Marien
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject: Aww!
Really sorry to hear that you had mc, I had one last year so I sympathise deeply Sad . One thing that kept me from total despair was the fact that having been pregnant, at least then I knew that I could get pregnant, if you know what I mean. Talking helps, well it helped me anyway. I hope you're ok and wish you lots of luck, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. BIG Hugs, Marien xxxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:20 am 
Post subject:
sorry to hear about your mc. Hope you have better luck next month. My fngers are crossed for you xxx

tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies its lovley to talk to people who understand and not jusy say " its one of thoses things!" thanks xx
ps dont know if you have read my other post? mc was 34 days ago af isnt due til 8th but last night when i wiped i had a very light pinkish mucus?
xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular