Bloody Migraines....another hurdle to get over :-(

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:14 pm 
Post subject: Bloody Migraines....another hurdle to get over :-(
Ive been diagnosed today with suffering from Migraine after spending near on two weeks in bed with terrible head pains and sickness etc. So my doctor gives me a list of things I should and shouldnt eat which are in complete contradiction with the list of things you should and shouldnt eat when you are trying for a baby!! I have worked out that I can eat chicken breast and salad....so looks like Im in for an exciting life!!! Very Happy Any tips would be much appreciated! x
Tulip81
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:35 am 
Post subject: Hi
Hi Casstia
Sorry to hear you are suffering from migranes....believe me I know what they are like. I have suffered from them since the ages of 18 when I just started college. I am 30 this year and nearly 8 weeks pregnant and worrying because I cannot take my migane medication if I have an attack come on (thank god so far I haven't) My GP said all that I could take is Paracetamol. He also said that when you are pregnant you may find your migranes reduce because of you actually not bleeding each month and with your change in hormones. I kept a diary which helped me see what foods may trigger a migrane......my triggers were wine, ornage juice, chocolate, cheese and marmite......my favourites!!! I buy some patches from the supermarket called "cool patches" that stick to your forehead and cool you head down for quite a few hours. The NHS direct website has a great section on types of migrane - have you heard of cluster migranes? If you do speak to your GP - ask for medication that has a "triptan" family member in the drug (my drugs are called Imigran - which has sumtriptan included........normal painkillers sometimes do not wok on migranes I have found....the Triptan group of medicines work differently - they stop the pain signals to the brain which causes the awful pounding thumping pain which then makes you feel so sick. Try not to miss meals or under or over sleep......take care of yourself. Smile
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Tulip.....nice to know Im not alone!! To be honest my GP hasnt been fantastic. Ive got an appointment to see the Community Nurse today and I think Im going to draw up a list of questions for her. It just seems that everytime I ask a question the person I am asking says its not their department....but we shall see!! Confused
Tulip81
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:14 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Good luck with your appointment Casstia...you persue with getting the right support and medication. I too had to see a couple of doctors before I was pescribed with a good medication - I thought it was because the medication I have is not cheap.....stick with it - wishing you all the best and take care. Smile
raynie
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:12 am 
Post subject: hi
I have suffered from migraines for years also. I haven't found any foods that cause it. I do know that when I get them it stems from the back of my neck (behind my ear to wear your skull meets the neck) . Most of the time the chiropracter can relive it for a while, usually a couple of months. I started taking a yoga class and so far they have been less frequent. I was getting them atleast 3x a week but so far it's been once every week or week and a half. If it is possible, give it a shot for a few weeks to see if it helps. Smile good luck and take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular