Question bout HPTs...How Accurate Are They Really?

femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:38 pm 
Post subject: Question bout HPTs...How Accurate Are They Really?
Hi there! i have a question about HPTs.I don't know what to beleive.I keep getting negatives whenever i do them yet i have had symptoms of pregnancy for weeks now with some new ones appearing recently.Just wondering if these tests really are as invincible as doctors/manufacturers make them out to be.Here are my symptoms:

*missed 3 periods and halfway to missing 4th (10 weeks + 1 day late)
*Weeing more often than usual
*Hungry more frequently
*Tired more frequently
*Sore boobs with burning type pain in nipples
*cramping in abdomen but not like af cramps.Cramps come and go and had cramps going through navel and had cramping on left side
*mild frequent headaches.
*lower back ache and today i have a horrible taste in my mouth which i can't get rid of even after i brush my teeth.
I am so confused and don't know if I am pregnant or not for sure and i need to know cause i cant take any strong medications when i need them until i know i def aint pregnant :s
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
I think they are fairly reliable, have you been to your doctors??
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah have been to my docs and mentioned my symptoms to him.He just asked if i'd done test and i told him i had and they were negative and he left it at that.
broodygirl
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, can I ask what are H preg tests? Your symptoms sound just like pg and to miss 3 periods is strange, are you normally regular? Have you tried doing another make of test like first response?

xxx
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi broodygirl! hpt stands for Home preg test. I am thinking now of getting either a clear blue or first response test as i have just been using Superdrug own and tesco own brands. My periods are very irregular but never been this late apart from once before which was from Oct 07-Jan 08.Now i have gone longer than that and with loads of symptoms. Apart from those two times,i'm never more than a few days to a week late.
broodygirl
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Of course it does! Silly me, still getting used to the abreviations. I use supermarket tests and sometimes they don't work at all, very annoying. Def splash out on a better test, won't your doctor take bloods? Perhaps you should push for it? Not nice to be left in limbo like this. Good luck chick

xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular