ovulation

andrea58
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:58 am 
Post subject: ovulation
Hi there

I used the Clear Blue Ovulation test this morning which detected the LH surge.
How many days should we be having sex for after a positive test?
Not sure if its just the next 48hrs or longer.

Thanks Andrea Confused
Tulip81
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject: Hi
Hi andrea58
I brought the clearblue digital ovulation kit in January - I used it everyday around my most fertile week and never got a LH surge atall. So what me and my partner did was have sex everyday for 5 days just before/during and after ovulation.......I didn't jump up after sex and now I am 7 weeks pregnant after trying for one month - I feel extremly lucky because I thought it would take a while.
I would say to have sex today and every day for a week (although some people say have sex every other day so it gives the sperm a chance to reform and strengthen...if that makes sense. All the very best of luck Smile
Tulip81
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject: HI
Hi Andrea
I forgot to say www.mymonthlycycles.com has an excellent ovulation calendar I used which is easy to read....it shows you your most fertile time and when you are expected to ovulate.
andrea58
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: HI
Hi Tulip81

Thanks for the advice, i'll try that hopefully it might work this month, I came off the pill last june and started trying in September did,nt think it would take this long.

Congratulations and i will keep you posted.
Tulip81
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi Andrea58
I wish you all the best and keep in touch. I had been on the pill for approx 12 years so thought it would take longer so I think it was down to being on the ball and calculating my most fertile week and going for it. Very Happy Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular