scared of the weight gain!!

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject: scared of the weight gain!!
hi everyone!!

i love the fact that i'm pregnant(am into 7th week) but i'm absolutely scared of the weight gain!!

i used to weight 13st but managed to get myself down to 9st, i went to have the pregnancy confirmed yesterday and when they checked my weight it was 10st(although i don't really see a difference in my body)

anyways after hearing this i'm absolutely freaked out and have barely eaten since! i don't think i can handle gaining so much weight again Crying or Very sad

this is more of a rant than anything but any comments or advice would be appreciated!
CL
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:24 pm 
Post subject: weight gain
Hiya i was always quite small so was also concerned but I am now 24 weeks and gaining weight rapidly and to be honest i love it. As long as you eat healthy I think its best not to worry it's inevitable. Just enjoy. Good Luck xxxx
Deanobaby
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 am 
Post subject:
Its a difficult time for women, your body is adapting and changing to help you carry your growing baby and provide it with all the nutrients it needs, I don't think any woman likes the thought of the weight gain in pregnancy, but in the long term pregnancy does come to an end and you can lose the weight and exercise when this happens, in fact a little gentle exercise like swimming is okay to do now, but i wouldn't worry about it, just try to eat a balanced diet and think of that lovely baby, and all will be well.

Amandaxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject: xx
im 25 week now and i must of put on loads but if your planning on breast feeding i think that helps lose weight after the baby is born. i tend to lose weight easy so im not to worried but after the baby is born u cud once a week go gym or even swimming with ya baby. but eating is importanat so its prob best u keep eating lol x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
You'll be fine as long as you dont 'eat for two'. My midwife told me that you only need an extra 200 calories a day, and thats only in the latter stages of pregnancy. I am due this week, and was shocked i'd only gained just under 2 stone - but then i had terrible morning sickness for the first 5 months and had lost nearly a stone when i went for my first scan!

The best thing to do, is eat normally as you do, dont diet, because that isnt good for you and baby, and just try not to eat loads of [*@!#%*] (its soo hard though i know!), but as the other girls have said, you can lose weight afterwards, and breast feeding is good for losing weight, so try not to worry too much. xx
gingin
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
i think we all worry that we are going to end up like ten ton hessy !! but the truth is all our metabolisms are different, remember your pregnant so this is definately not the time to be getting conscious about the scales - you will gain - i lost a stone just before we conceived and now i have gained 7lbs /wk 14, but i am not going to torture myself by looking at the scales, i am eating well, minimum fat and lots of fruit etc, keep your diet in check and you'll be fine. All the mums i know are thinner than ever after having babs, simply cos they run round so much after the wee little things, even if you gain you will lose it after if you take good care.
check your diet if your worried in any way and make sure you exercise even if its just a walk, i am doing a course at the moment and i make sure i park a bit further away from, the college so i get a good walk at least 2x a day
gx
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi try not to worry too much, as long as you eat heathly & sensibly! but dont starve as your metabolism will slow down due to lack of food

Try to walk instead of using a car or lifts, take up swimming or aquanatal.

Also i agree that breastfeeding helps you loose the baby gain! also you can have 500 extra calories aday when breast feeding

My excuse to meet with a friend once a week to have hot choc with cream and a double choc cookie! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular