xx

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:22 am 
Post subject: xx
hi all. im 25 week pregnant now and just realised i have no idear how the labour happens. i fort your waters broke and then u went to hospitul and wohooo the baby comes out. but most people say they had there waters broke for them. and before yu go hospitul u have 2 have contractions every 5 mins. so wen do the contractions 1st start like one a hour or summin. and then wen there are down to 1 every 5 mins is that when u start pushing. im sorry but im so clueless on this x
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi mylilamb,

Hope your well. If only things were that simple. With my labor being imminent it's become a bit of an obsession for me. I can tell you what I have been told by various MW's, my sil (who recently gave birth to her 1st) and a load of books:
It can happen one of a few ways.

1. Some women's waters can break naturally, perhaps before the contractions have started. If this happens but the contractions don't follow you have to be induced within 24 hours.

2. You can start to have the contractions which will (provided they aren't BH's) inevitably become stronger over time and a shorter and shorter time period inbetween. My sil went to hospital when they were every 15 mins and she could bear the pain no more. Her waters did not break naturally so she had to have them broken for her.

3. Or, you could have a 'show' as much as a few weeks before labor. Then when labor starts it could be the contractions followed by your waters breaking near birth, all naturally. But that is the ideal scenario!

I get BH's regularly, which is a tightening of the uterus and felt towards the top of the abdomen. I am told that a real contraction is a combination of this and either a period like pain or a rotten stomach like pain towards the bottome of your abdomen. It can of course also be low back pain apparantly. As you know they become stronger and stronger and apparantly last for about 1 minute at a time.

Sorry for waffling on. Hope that helps x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 pm 
hiya thanxs for reply.
yeah that as helped i dont no why but i have imagined labour to be quick and easy and just put of thinking about it. then when my friend ask me the other day what happens in labour i realised i had no idear lol. thanxs again ill be able 2 explain 2 her more now lol x
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi again Very Happy

Just to let you know that I started having period like pains on a Wednesday morning and then slight bleeding.

By 10pm i started having small waves (contractions) which lasted a few seconds and were irregular every 30mins - 1hour. However, i tried to sleep in between these, as wanted to save my energy for the birthing.

On Thursday the waves were still irregular, by about 1pm the contractions became more regular, every 3mins! As i was having a homebirth, my partner and I started to prepare the room. I contacted the midwife at about 3, and then a midwife came to the house at about 5pm, in which i was 6cm dilated

The other midwife arrived at about 8-830pm and my waters didn't break until about 11pm. I gave birth at 1am on Friday morning. Oh i eventually had the urge to push about the last 10mins before my baby was born.

You willl definately know when this is happening, as your entire body has the urge to push, its a very similar to when your being sick!

Everyone is different, my friend didn't even know her waters had broke!! Its only when she went to hospital to be induced that they told her that her waters had already broke!

Just stay calm and focused you will now when your body is ready to do the most natural thing ever!
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 am 
thanxs for ya reply. it sounds so complicated lol. i just want to go to the hospitul as soon as i feel pain so i can have pain relife lol. i never realised it tookso long no wonder people say there so tired after giving birth lol x
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, it is very tiring, but worth it! Even though you don't get much sleep when your baby is born! My girl is 5months old, and doesn't like sleeping often! Shocked

If your hospital doesn't supply a maternity TENS I would definately recommend that you buy one they are excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular