50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 54
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am 
Post subject: I think i would do it
I have been thinking about this for a while now. I loved the pregnancy part, although it would be hard to give up a child, i would do it in a heartbeat for anyone who is unfortunate enough to have fertility issues...

Would you?
AmyandLewis
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
i havent voted yet as im unsure and i dont think i would be unless i was asked to actually do it
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think i could, its the part of handing over the baby that would get to me. I would be totally heartbroken and want the baby back

Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
No, not in mean way but the moment i saw my twins i knew i wasn't going to let them go. even DH had to fight to get a cuddle. I just couldn't go through the whole pregnancy and labour to give away something like that.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Defo yes as i would love to be preg again but dont want another baby!! I would love to be able to help two people to have a baby.
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
I think I'm a 'no' cos I get so attached - although I might consider it for someone I really loved who was unable to have their own.
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
I never gave it any thought before... But recently a family member found out that they may not be able to carry a child. This is a very close relative, and i think that should she ever need me, i would help in which ever way possible. I know it would be so hard to give up a baby, but i wouldnt want her to find another surrogate and have to worry about things like, is she looking after herself- eating well, no alcohol, no smoking ect. She could see me daily and be apart of the pregnancy, and then at the end of all of that, i would still get to see the baby all the time.
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject:
If i was to do it then i wouldnt actualy want to see the baby. I would want them to take it away right away so i dont get the chance to bond at all. I would like to be sent pics every now and then though but no actual contact.
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
i think i definatly would if i was asked to do it =] xxxx
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
I have two children. I had difficult pregnancy with both and very long labours, There is no way I could give up my babies.

I do admire those who are surrogates, It is a wonderful selfless thing to do for someone, It takes someone really special to do it.

Lisa
xx
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
We have a lady on here, Macca, she's a real inspiration!!

She's a lovely lady too xx
SuziandGracie
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
I would find it an absolute honour to do this for my sister in law and her husband (problems on both sides) i would do it for her as we are close and i would still be in the childs life

xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:43 pm 
Post subject:
before i deffinately wanted to do this, but with being pregnant and having the problems i did, i can only have c-sections, therefore advised to only have 3 max, so i wouldn't as i think maybe eventually i would like two more children myself, in the next ten years so i wouldnt want to give one away to risk my health and babies health if i ever wanted another..
x

macca
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
thank you Claire Embarassed

my answer is DEFINATELY YES!!!!! lol
i'm a surrogate (straight, my egg intended fathers sperm) and i've known for years it was something i would do. i know at the end of the pregnancy i would be happy to give the baby "back" to the parents as i was only looking after it for them till he was ready to be here in the outside world.

Kerry
x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Wow what an amazing person macca. Not usually a gushy person but reading your posts really choked me up! What an amazing thing you are doing. I cant express how it makes me feel when i read about surrogacy. I would love to have the courage to give someone the chance to have a baby but i just dont think i could. It is something i have thought about a great deal but i always think i could not give the baby up.
You sound truly happy in your posts to be doing this and the couple you are doing this for are very lucky to have found you. I hope it all goes well for you all. x

My babies are growing up!
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular