50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 54
wendy131
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:35 am 
Post subject:
I think those that are surrogates for the right reasons are amazing people Very Happy but its not something I could do which makes me respect those that can even more
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
I would but it'd have to be host surrogacy, all parents dna or donors but not mine.
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think i could to be honest and really do admire the ladys that do ...
I would get to attached and would wont to keep baby
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
I DEF WOULD FOR A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER, U HAVE TO REM ITS NOT REALLY UR BABY BC ITS ANOTHER WOMANS EGG, U R JUST HOLDING IT. I WOULD HAVE A BIT OF AN ISSUE DOING IT FOR JUST ANYBODY, BUT KNOWING HOW IT FEELS TO WANT A BABY AND NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE I WOULD DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT FOR A LOVED ONE.

Last edited by wannababi on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
thats beautiful your a very special lady
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm 
Post subject: dont think so
hi ladies i really dont think that i could do it, it would be so hard for me to give the baby up after connecting with it for 9 months im very emotional and dont think i could mentally handle it all tho i would concider adoption for sure i would be very interested in helping change a childs life for the better
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
I would do it for friends or family but could only consider it if it was someone elses egg ... that way i would feel i was just looking after someone elses and would still have a special auntie type bond with the baby Smile however i couldn't give my own baby away. I highly commend those that do though, its lovely xxxx

Hapu
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
the only person i would consider being a surrogate for is my brother and his wife(obviously using his partners egg). That way i would have no concerns as i know how well the baby would be cared for and that i would always be able to see how the baby is growing by being the loving aunt. I could never gve birth to a child not knowing if id ever see that it was having a good life.
Lara47
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:45 am 
Post subject:
I don't think i could do it as i would get so attached and frankly desperately want my own child.
However, i'm in awe of those like Macca who do it.
Last year my OH and i were told that we couldn't have children, and it was something we looked to, the only people we trusted were his sisters, and one of them had awful pg's, so although we knew she would have said yes, we wouldn't have asked her.
His other sister, we actually did talk to about it, and she and her OH were seriously thinking about it for us... bless them. (would have been my Egg and OH's sperm).
We were then given another opinion that said i may be able to carry a child in the end anyway.
I think people who do it must be full of love for others and great compassion for those who can't have babies naturally.
Lara

Me 38 DH 27 (
married 2007)
PCOS - Back Disease - Thyroid
MC - 2 Jan 2009
TTC since 24 June 2009
Cycle - most recent 850 days
Desperate to conceive baby #1
Lanz81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
my bestest friend has been ttc for a few years now and i would so love to help her. i dont think i would get attached to the child and would just be happy that i could give her this gift the only thing is that I didnt have the best pregnancy with Jay as I have diabetes and was quite poorly the last couple of months. if no one else would do it for her )i.e her sister) I think I would def do it.
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Despite the discomfort of this pregnancy, if my sister or one of my good friends asked me I think I would say yes. Seems I'm good at growing babies, so it would make sense to help in this way if I could.
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies Very Happy
Once i've completed my family,i'd definately be a surrogate Very Happy . I love being pregnant & have had 3 perfectly happy ones. I also know just how hard it is ttc.OH has a low sperm count & our best option to have a baby of our own is to try IVF,we've been trying naturally for 2 years & it's heartbreaking Crying or Very sad but for couples who've never had a baby because of fertility issues,i can't even begin to imagine the pain that they feel,so i'd definately do it Very Happy .It wouldn't technically be my baby,i'd just be looking after it until it was born,then it would be given to it's natural parents Very Happy . I've got a healthy womb & i'm only 31 so no doubt i'll look further into it in the future Wink .
I really admire women who do this,it's giving the gift of life to those who don't know that joy.
xxxxx
EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 am 
Post subject:
i know for definate that i would be a surrogate.

dont know about being a straight surrogate as i wouldnt be able to give the baby up that way as apart of it would be mine. but definately if i was just basically cooking their baby for them so to speak lol.

i love being pregnant and the feeling of being pregnant and with knowing it wasnt my baby i would be ok with it. i do know it is something i would like to do in the future.

Rachel xxxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 pm 
Post subject: surrogacy
Years ago a friend had hospital checks as they thought she had some genetical issue that would stop her having kids of her own and I remember saying to my then boyfriend (now husband) I would have a baby for her if she asked.... 10 years later its me and my hubby who are struggling to have a baby. I have not raised the surrogacy idea with him yet....I think he will say no way
Jigamoo
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:32 am 
Post subject:
i would do it but it wud have to be the dads sperm and the mums egg... i would only do it if i were the oven so to speak....

my partner is dead against it though but i think in afew years when our kids are grown up it wud be something to talk about as i really wud like to do this for a couple who can't concive.
i knew i was meant to be a mum from a young age and everyone said i was a maternal person and i love my babies so much.... i wud of hated it if i couldn't of had a child! some ppl are just meant to be mums... ya know?

Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular