sterlization reversal

ginachick
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject: sterlization reversal
hi all iam 31 and going to have my reversal done on the 31st of this mounth we have two children already 9 and 10 but can not wate to make it 3.. althogh i ar very nervors and keep haveing weard dreams trying not to think too much about it but strugeling to sleep with nervs..[/b]
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ginachick,

and welcome to AskBaby. Very Happy The girls are all lovely on here, so if you have any questions please ask.

Where are you having your reversal done, how are you having it done and what odds has your surgeon given you? Smile

You are young so the stats should be in your favour. Try not to worry - i had all sorts of weird dreams before my TR.
Shocked

Good luck for next friday.

Best wishes Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
ginachick
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for your fast responce, i am having open surgery at the BMI hospital nettlem road lincon, the cost is £3550.00.
ginachick
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
sorry he gave me 85 % chance so quite good
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ginachick,

Did that used to be the Nuffield? I know it - My parents live near there (was born in Lincoln)

85% Is excellent odds, you'll be ttc in no time!

J xxx

Doddsy
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome ginachick.

Julie is right, everyone's lovely on here. That's good odds after your op and i paid £3750 so you got a good price too. I had mine in March and got a BFP (pos preg test) just over 2 weeks ago but unfortunately that baby didn't stick around and i had a miscarriage last wednesday.
Good luck hun having your op on halloween!! Shocked Only kidding, you'll be fine Laughing xxx
ginachick
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
so sorry claire, don't know what else to say just keep trying. Wink weel halloweens better than april fools day or friday the 13 "well just" Embarassed how was your recovery i am a student and was hopeing to go strate back on the Monday.
Doddsy
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Everyone's different hun but i was quite sore and unwell for 4 weeks after. I'm sure the other girls will tell you how long their recovery was too xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:34 am 
Post subject:
HI Gina,

i went back after a week and i felt great, but i was injected with local anaethetic along the incision, which reduces bleeding and bruising. Not sure if all surgeons do it - but i would highly recommend it - so ask. I didn't feel a think til the evening, and my recovery was really fast - i was back into my jeans within 7 days. Very Happy

Julie xx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Oh and i forgot to mention, i took arnica - which really helped. 30c potency. You can get it from Boots - i keep it in for the children for cuts bruises and shock.

Julie xxx

ginachick
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
whent for my pre op appointment to day.The staff at the hospital wear realy nice, ask if it was possible to have local anisetic in cut she said i would have to ask on the day. 8 day and counting...... Shocked
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ginachick and welcome to ask baby Very Happy Very Happy
I had my reersal done on the 14/08/08 and mine cost £4500 at the nuffield
I was quiet sure and out of action for around 4wks the worst was the trapped wind i strongly recomend getting some windease from boots ...
I know im not the only one that was bad from that if i can help with any of your questions pls ask Good luck and hope all goes well Very Happy
Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi ginachick

welcome

all the ladies are great on here and are happy to answer any of your questions even if you think its silly we've probably asked them at some point Smile

i had my reversal on the 26th August and was bk to normal a week later off painkillers and bk in my jeans could of gone bk to work the 2nd week but took a month off wanted to be sure i was healed work in a school as a dinner lady i think it just depends on the individual

good luck for yr op not long to go the weird dreams will stop

linda
x
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject: help please
hi i had my tube clipped 9 years ago aged 24.i have 3 healthy children the last one my son was concieved with 1 tube.i lost the previous one 2 years before due to eptopic.i at least know theres a chance i can get pregnent with 1 tube and have a healthy baby.ive been married 3years to my new partner and we now want to have children,ive chosen reversal as i want to do it natural way ivf last resort.has anyone got nay sucess stories and can give me name of hospital/surgeon.i live in cambridgshire can travel within 2hrs drive.

many thanks
andrea
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Andrea,
I'm sure Janeylou had her op near there. Claire d might know. Janey's in the middle of house moving so not sure when she'll be on again. The surgeon that did hers did keyhole. Have you tried your GP? They may know. I'm up North, and had mine done in USA, so i can't recommend anyone in your area. Smile

You may be better off posting on the long thread - Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversal.

Good luck,

Julie xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular