Is every pregnancy exactly 40 weeks?

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:51 pm 
Post subject: Is every pregnancy exactly 40 weeks?
HI everyone,

Hope you and your bumps are all well. I was curious to know, when the MW's estimate due date's, do they calculate from the first day of a womans last period and do they calculate exactly 40 weeks from that date, because it seems to me that 90% of the time their estimations are usually incorrect as women rarely give birth on their due date's?

When women give birth either 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late, is that exactly 40 weeks according to their individual pregnancy and just a mis-judgement for due date on the MW's part?

I hope I'm making sense, sorry if I'm not. Basically, I wasn't sure if it was an exact science.

x
startinmyfamily
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi booter they calculate it starting from the first day of your last period and say between 38 and 42 weeks this is because you dont actually concieve untill your are ovulating which is approx 14 days after the first day of your last period.
go to the sction of this site that says your babys development and there is an explanation there
hope this helped
larissa
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya. i been talking 2 every 1 who i no who as ad a baby and they all been saying i had my baby at 37 weeks 35 weeks 40 weeks 42 weeks think it differs from each person xx
booter
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies,

So I guess it's down to the individual and not the science of things.

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular