Clearblue Fertility Monitors

Poppy99
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:09 pm 
Post subject: Clearblue Fertility Monitors
Does anyone have any feedback on the Clearblue Fertility monitors? I have been trying simple pee on ovulation strips for the past couple of months but not detected any surge so now I am seriously thinking of investing in the monitor but am doubtful as to whether it will be worth the money and the stress of testing all over again. Maybe I should just go back to reading my own body signs and leaving it all down to nature and good timing? Anyone who has any experience of them please let me know Smile Thanks girls x
Tasha1985
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
I have no idea about Fertility monitors, from wat ive heard that dont do much help. You'd be better of charting your own days. Good luck.
missusMop
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject: Boots ov tests
Hi Poppy

I have tried Boots and Clearblue and they are both poor. I apparently ovualted for a week? It is difficult to always read the tests too. I know when I used Clearblue I couldn't tell if the line was faint one or a good one.

I agree the Ov tests are a waste of time I really think you are better to have regular sex throughout your cycle and take your temp - at least that is free.

I am now on day 36 and no sign of a period yet. I tested (for pregnancy) on Sunday in the morning (not first wee though) and it was neg. Very confusing as cycle has been 31 for a while now.

Good Luck!
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi missusmop, hows it going? has your the dreaded period arrived yet or could it be youre pregnant? its a nightmare doing pg tests and getting negs aint it? hopefully the next one will be a positive! x Wink
cinders
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, i was going to try one of them monitors and my consultant said that they are a waste of money, the best way to detect ovulation is with a bbt thermometer, you chart your temp evry day and then you will get a slight rise around the time of ovulation, it has to be done evry morning within about 20 mins of waking up but i may give you a false reading if you have had to get up through the night. I chart my bbt evry month and i can always see when i am ovulating, i got mine from boots i would realy recommend doing that instead,it takes a while to see a pattern but you will eventually.
Poppy99
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies - you have saved my 120! Cheers. Wont be buying the monitor now unless we are still trying in another three months then no doubt I will be so desperate I will try anything Laughing Cinders, you mention the BBT charting which I am keen to take up, are they special thermometers or can you use any? Just wondering what to look for in Boots? To embarassed to ask staff Embarassed
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Not wanting to step on Cinders toes and reply for her but you can get a BBT termometer here

http://www.thermometersdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Basal___Clinical_Thermometers.html

for 4.70 and it will save your blushes Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular