Young Mum's

janey1985
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm 
Post subject: Young Mum's
Hi All, I have just found out i'm pregnant, I'm only 23 - have a good job own my own house but I know my parents are going to go mad!! We were not trying so a bit of a shock as I am apparently infertile!!! Any body got any tips on how to break the news?? - I thought maybe best nanna gift some thing silly??
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats on your pregnancy. im 18 and found out i was pregnant the day after my 18th bday. im not in a well paid job or a relenship any more. i was terified to tell my mum. and did it thru txt. she dint belive me at 1st but then realised i was telling the truth. i told her i planned to keep my baby and she as stood by me ever since. she always told me if i fell pregnant she wud chuck me out but turns out she only sed these things so i dit get pregnant. but now she is excited to be a grandma. i think u think they will be mad but in the end they have 2 except it. gl xxx Very Happy
janey1985
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi thanks, when are you due?? I have two olders sisters who have 4 kids between them and one on the way and for every single one they went mad or shunned them so I pretty much know what to expect!! lol - How long did it take your mum to relax with it?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 am 
hiya im due 21st june. ooops sound like you ganna have 2 wait for ya mu to come round lol. y mu was ok stright away she told me she was dissapointed and she wanted me to do things before i had kids but she will always be there for me. i was so relived but even if my um had falling out with me i wunt of been 2 bothered lol. she wud of been calling me after a day to see if i was ok lol x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject: hi
i dont think 23 is to young do u still live at home xx
janey1985
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
No! I have owned my own house for 4yrs, its up for sale at the minute, I originally needed some where bigger for the dogs!! lol Both my partner and I have good jobs, we have been together 7 years. I suppose even if they dont approve it non of there business really, but I was aiming for the 30 mark!! lol - How old are you?? Are you pregnant at the minute?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:28 pm 
i think it soundslike ur in a great postion to have a child. obvisly u have to be ready emotioally as well as finacally but u have a good job and house alot more then me lol good luck xxxxx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
im sure your mum will be fine as your circumstances are very good.
I was pregnant at 16 just after i left school and babys dad did a runner....my mum was shocked but very supportive. Everyone else said i had wasted my life and would go nowhere...proved them all wrong though as i have just finished 7 succesful years in the army and now run my own personal training and sports massage business.
I am 28 yrs old now with a gorgeous 12 yr old daughter, a very supportive partner and baby number 2 due in july. Mum was more shocked this time round to be honest!!!
well congratulations and good luck, let us all know how you get on.
dawn xx
janey1985
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, I think i'm just going to take the attitude that its tough if they are not happy with it, it doesnt affect any one else!! & there isnt much I can do about it now!! lol x
CarlLaLa
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: Young Mum's
janey1985 wrote:
Hi All, I have just found out i'm pregnant, I'm only 23 - have a good job own my own house but I know my parents are going to go mad!! We were not trying so a bit of a shock as I am apparently infertile!!! Any body got any tips on how to break the news?? - I thought maybe best nanna gift some thing silly??

hey hun, 23 isnt very young, I had my daughter @ 15 and am havin #2 and she's havin her 1st too
am sure they will understand hun, u r well equipt 2 support baby
and it's not ur fault ur preg when they told u u was infertile lol

good luck hun and yep nanna joke gift is a good idea hehe
xx

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
i was 17 when i had my first baby and was by myself ive never had a good relation ship with my mother and have no dad it was hard but you get on with it u seem in a good place so good on you 23 is a good age i would say xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 am 
there is a big thing about younger girls having babys. people seem to think we must be slags or get about abit. (not all people think this i no) but i think a young mum is just as capibul as a older mum. xxxx
CarlLaLa
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject: Re: xx
mylillamb wrote:
there is a big thing about younger girls having babys. people seem to think we must be slags or get about abit. (not all people think this i no) but i think a young mum is just as capibul as a older mum. xxxx

I think same as u hun
young mums get "bad press", it is usually an accident
xx

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
I am 24 and pregnant. I do feel a bit young sometimes.

Where I come from (Texas, USA) it is not unusual to have a baby so young. I'm already 5 years older than my mother when she was pregnant with me and 7 years older than when my grandmother first gave birth. My family was asking when the baby was coming as soon as I got married at 22!

In this country, however, I feel that a lot of the attention is focused on mothers who are pregnant when they are in their early 30's. I am told by my midwife, I'm quite young, and a lot of people who see a ring on my finger and a baby bump are shocked to hear I'm 24. I almost feel ashamed!

You're not too young to have a baby. It's the culture surrounding us at the moment that makes it seem that way. We are women and fully capable of giving birth. If you have a job and a house, you can apparently hold your own, which is good when you've got to hold another as well. I don't see why your mother should be upset about this at all!
Stephilu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
I am 22, I have one 3 year old daughter and 1 on the way (25weeks). I had my first at 19 and there was worries of course but mum and dad were very supportive. I married last year to the father of both, he stuck beside me the whole way and has had to do alot of growing up. U r not too young just about the perfect age i think to settle with a family. Just because you planned to become a mum at about 30 doesn't mean your mum will hit the roof, i bet she will be over the moon. Will it be her first grandchild? Best of luck. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular