Young Mum's

tracey27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
hey to u all i am 28 have 3 kids allready and preg with me 4th Rolling Eyes ur family will so come round to the ldea mine did all the best
daryl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject: Maternity oay
Hi guys,
just wanted to ask a question about maternity pay bacause I have to give my notice this week. I have mentioned to my employer that I would like to leave in the last week of June(im due 12th July). we agreed this would be fine but he hasnt mentioned maternity pay at all. he is stingy at the best of times so I dont know what he has in mind. Is it above board AND LEGAL for me to say to him I would like to recieve an agreed amount of money on the day I leave and then we can call it quits?
i dont really want to battle it out with him even if the amount we agree is less than it should be

any advice??
DAryl xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya im not to sure but u should go on the form and put in new topic and have the title mertinity pay u will prob get more replys xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Daryl, some companies dont offer maternity pay, but you are entitled to statutory maternity pay, which is 39 weeks at 112 (and a few pence,cant remember the exact figure). I suggest you either speak to your manager, or maybe the HR department if you have one??

I'm not sure what you mean by 'recieve an agreed amount' as I dont think that they legally have to pay you anything. Entitled maternity pay is paid to you by the government.

my company offer 6 weeks at full pay, and then 33 weeks at the statutory level. But I dont think this is mandatory.
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Im 20 years old and felt way to young when I first found out.. I didnt expect my life to go this way and was completely non maternal but now I wouldnt change it for the world... life throws these things at you that you sometimes have to deal with.

I was worried about talking to my parents and I to have a good job a house of my own and have been with my partner since we were 16.. My mum was over the moon and it was a responce i didnt expect at all.. I think this is maybe because I was shocked myself that i didnt expect that reaction.

You may be surprised! Good luck.

xxx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
hey jazmine, im 20 too!!! yey!! lmao!

how far along are you? and when you due? mine's will be a september baby!

i got a twin who has two already!!! like you i wasnt very maternal, although now im very brody and looking forward to baby!

kimberley xo
xSiobhanAx
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
hiia, am siobhan and am 37 weeks 2moro and pregnant with my 1st baby @ 15
xx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Kimberley20 wrote:
hey jazmine, im 20 too!!! yey!! lmao!

how far along are you? and when you due? mine's will be a september baby!

i got a twin who has two already!!! like you i wasnt very maternal, although now im very brody and looking forward to baby!

kimberley xo

Hi Kimberley

Nice to hear from you..

Im 21 weeks and 5 days! (lol) due on 2 August. what is your due date in Sept? How many weeks are you ?

xxx
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
I'm 22 and 14 weeks today with my first, due 18th Sept. Other people see me as quite young to be having a baby but I feel very capable and feel i'm a good age to be having my first child.

I'm not in an ideal situation, in my final year of university, still living at home and had only been with my boyfriend for 2 months when I fell pregnant. Happy though as I was told I would have difficulty becoming pregnant. My partner is becoming increasingly supportive as every day goes by and my mother and his mother are supportive too.

Very Happy

x
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
good to hear dawny, it doesnt matter what others think as long as you are happy.
good luck.x
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
Thats true Dawn p.s Dawn's are the best Wink

I'm very surprised at how supportive and understanding people actually seem to be, I expected more of a backlash than I actually recieved. I started a new job after I became pregnant and just told them today, I expected alot of trouble but people seem understanding.

I'm happy but I'm a worrier always have been so i'm probably giving myself alot of probably unneeded worry.

Good luck to you also.

Dawny

x
mooa1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya! i'm 23 and also in a good job and own my own home. Wasn't planning a baby either as i'm only seeing my bloke and was never properly together. I told my mum mothers day (hee) but she was sooo understanding, i to thought she'd go mad!! Your mum will be the most understanding person in the world x x
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi janey,
Im 22 and 10 weeks pregnant, I dont own my own place and have recently undertaken a new business venture with my partner which is still in its very early days. For those reasons i have been fearful to tell my parents as i know they will be worried and disappointed for/in me but deep down i know there is nothing i can do now as i am very happy to become a mum and my partner is very happy too.Deep down i know they will come round and be happy for us but its daunting facing up to telling them but i will be doing it next week when i go home to visit.Im sure your mum or parents are very proud of you having a good job and owning your own house at just 23.You have been with your partner for 7 years!how much more settled can you be!All the best and Im positive everything will work out the way you want it to.
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
soon2b wrote:
Hi janey,
Im 22 and 10 weeks pregnant, I dont own my own place and have recently undertaken a new business venture with my partner which is still in its very early days. For those reasons i have been fearful to tell my parents as i know they will be worried and disappointed for/in me but deep down i know there is nothing i can do now as i am very happy to become a mum and my partner is very happy too.Deep down i know they will come round and be happy for us but its daunting facing up to telling them but i will be doing it next week when i go home to visit.Im sure your mum or parents are very proud of you having a good job and owning your own house at just 23.You have been with your partner for 7 years!how much more settled can you be!All the best and Im positive everything will work out the way you want it to.

Hi, i'm 22 also and don't own my own place but both our mothers have been very supportive of us which is great. I know mum's can say some very scary things when they know you aren't pregnant such as i'll throw you out if you get pregnant but once they actually know I think it changes them the fact that they ARE going to be a grandmother. Just my opinion anyway.

Take care.

x

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
I'm 19 and 11 weeks pregnant, I don't live with my partner (yet) and we weren't trying.
I thought my parents would go mad and hit the roof, they are very 'old fashioned' in their values. They surprised me by saying that okay it might not be the best time for the news given my situation but that they were happy and they would always support me.
there have been a few arguments but i'm beginning to think thats part and parcel of the whole thing.
Hope all goes well, just think it could be worse... there are worse things than children
xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular