Young Mum's

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject:
i was 18 when i had my first i woudnt change a thing but do wish i had been a little older and new what i new now but maybe it was becouse i was a single mum and it was hard im on my 3rd now married and very happy and my husband has been great with my oldest son he does still see his real dad when he feels like seing his son that is it takes a real man to be a father xx
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone!

i think in most cases age is irrelevant to whether you're going to be able to cope with having children; i believe its down to having a mature attitude, a responsible approach and a willingness to do the best you possibly can for your children. its about drawing lessons from your own experiences and putting that into bringing up your child.

so many people have a pre-conceived idea about young mums and older mums, so what is the ideal age??? people seem to think that with age you automatically gain wisdom but i know plenty of people in their 30's + who havent got a clue.

i had my 1st son at 21 and im coming up for 24 now with my 2nd son due in 3 weeks and people seem amazed when i tell them that they were both planned, im married to their dad, i have a home, have a job and an education! why should that be so hard to believe?

in fact i overheard someone behind me in the queue in the bank the other day saying "oh look no ring on the finger" and "no dad i see" and "pregnant at that age" and i turned around and gave a right mouthful because thats what they would see because thats what society tells them - not the fact that i had no rings on coz hubby had to cut them off due to excessive swelling (am sooo miffed about that i cried my eyes out!), that there's "no dad" because he works full time and that im nearly 24 but look about 18!!

just remember that your new baby couldnt give a **** about how old you are so long as you do your best and give them all the love n cuddles they need. you know what thnigs are right n wrong and what decent values are whether you're 18 or 80 - its just whether you make the effort to teach them those virtues.

xxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Janey,

I am 23 and am hopefully pregnant with my 3rd child. I got pregnant with my first, my daughter when I was 18 ( had her when I was 19), my second when I was 21. My mum found out when I was first pregnant by one of my notes to buy pregnancy clothes and did not speak to me for about 2 months, with my second I told her to my face and she was pretty annoyed, and if this one goes well I will have to find another way to tell her. The thing is, like Sakura, I have been with my husband since we were 16 and got married (secretly) at 18. My husband is in the RAF and we live in her own rented house, so I don't know why it is such a problem that I have children, especially as a family is what I have wanted most from life. When I went for a scan with my first my husband could not attend as he was on a training week at work, so I was alone and looked pretty young, and every person in the waiting room was looking and whispering about me like it was an unplanned pregnanty etc. I think age and circumstance doesn't matter - as long as you can love and provide for a child, what does it matter?
Amilouise222
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Im 18 and I told my mum and started to cry! and she was shocked at first but is just so excited now it took her about half an hour to get over the shock and she was just so excited!!! Whereas my dad has taken a bit longer to get used to the idea but now he is ok!! and Im lukin forward to being a mum!!! I think everything works out in the end for everbody!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular