Scan dates differ from menstrual dates

Kates
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject: Scan dates differ from menstrual dates
Hi,
I've just been for a scan this morning. I should be about 8+3 weeks preg, but they could only detect a tiny fetal pole - about 6mm and NO heartbeat. Was told this could mean the pregnancy is earlier than I thought, but I am very sure of my dates. Had a misssed miscarriage last year, when the same thing happened. Have to have a more detailed scan tomorrow, but am worried sick. Has anyone else had found a difference in dates given by their scan than from calculating first day of last mp? Help!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Erm not by much, my period works my due date to be 16th July but my scan says 20th July. Scans are correct so maybe you are somehow earlier than you thought.

I hope everything goes ok tomorrow, try not to worry xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
when i went for my scan i thoght i was around 12 13 weeks but was only 8 weeks 3 days i was shocked as that was deffo the dates i had god it seems so long ago now lol in now 31 weeks good luck hun xx lisa
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:07 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya just wanna wish u luck. i was a week ahead of what i fort but i was nealy right. good luck for ya scan xx
Kates
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for all the good wishes. It means a lot to be able to talk concerns through with others with experience. Thanks guys xx
trunch
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 pm 
Post subject: dating scan?
hi all, i am very confused as i believe i concieved on the 29th december which makes me 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant but ive just had my scan and it has come back as i am 12 weeks and 5 days which means i concieved before my last period?? Are these dating scans totally accurate or can they be over 2 weeks out? If anyone can help please coz this cud mean big problems. Thanx xx
alibongo78
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi trunch what date was youe LMP? Your dates do not sound too far out at all... in fact the dating scan sounds a lot more accurate than your predictions. My LMP was 8th Dec and I know for certain I conceived on 15th Dec. I estimated just going by LMP my due date would be about 13th September but at dating scan I was given 7th September. But that does make sense as they always base it on the fact that you ovulate around the 14th day (but i know that I ovulate earlier)

remember that although the 29th may be the date of intercourse that it can actually be about 3 to 4 days before conception occurs (as sperm can live for that time period without dying off)

I am currently 14 weeks and 3 day therefore basing it on rough conception day you should be 2 weeks behind me.

This may sound silly... but you do know that they date your pregnancy based on when they suspect your last period was??? It sounds like you are taking your own dates from when you think you actually conceived.

I hope this helps

Ali x
morwen
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Not sure this is relevant to your situation, but when I went for my dating scan I discovered that I was actually 4 weeks ahead of where I thought I was!

For me it turned out that the date I thought was my LMP, was probably just a few days of implantation bleeding - it just so happened that it had occurred when my period was due. Since I had been irregular and sometimes quite light, I mistook it as a period. Quite glad I did to be honest, because had I known I was pregnant then, the bleeding would have freaked me out quite a bit! 16+4 weeks now, and so far everything is going OK *crosses fingers*.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular