Morning Sickness

aimeebee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:07 pm 
Post subject: Morning Sickness
Wow my morning sickness has started today with a vegance.... serves me right for bragging that i wasnt having any problems, since i managed to pull myself out of bed i have felt like i am going to throw up.

I am sitting at my desk with the bin by my side..... does anyone have any tips? x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject: xx
awww lol iv been lucky and not had any at all. (unless i eat chinese food then i spew it all back up) im sure u will get lotsof tips as so many of the ladys on here have had it good luck xx
gingin
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
well i am fine in the morning but very poorly in the afternoon evening , i have only actually had to rush to the toilet a handful of times but wasnt able to bring anything up - i have acute nausea and am trying anything and everything - so far the only thing i do know that helps is eating as soon as you get up or having toast juice in bed before you get up, try not to get overwarm either or be in a very warm room it just makes it all worse
i had gingerale, apparently ginger helps or ginger biscuits, acupuncture and also seasickness bands apparently
who every said being pregnant was fun needs there head analysed pesonally i think its very overated and at 14 weeks i am hating feeling so ill every day !!
good luck
g
x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i suffered terrible morning sickness - i ended up having loads of time off work, because i couldnt physically do anything! Even having a bath was a trauma!

My top tips:

Tea and biscuits in bed, before you get up. Take your time and dont rush about, it will make you feel worse. Fizzy drinks can take the edge off, i think its something to do with them being carbonated, it settles the sickness. I lost nearly a stone before my first scan because i was sick so much!! I used to pick at biscuits and crackers through out the day, dry pasta and mash potato - anything bland and tasteless basically!!

Other than that, i'm afraid you'l just have to ride it out, and wait for the sickness to stop! I became very weepy and tired because it took over my life! You'll also find your own little things that stop you being sick. I was sick without fail every morning when i brushed my teeth!!

I hope you get over it soon, as it is horrible, but once you do, you can start to enjoy your pregnancy! Good luck!
tealbutterfly
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
I am also being very sick, i had to actually go hospital because the retching meant that blood began appearing in my sick.
The crackers thing works for me but i do get bored easily. So i try a different form such as ginger tea. Though i am reluctant to take it i was given cyclizine by docs, i was becoming dehydrated so i didn't really have much choice, but at least i know my baby is getting some food and fluid. Eating small but regular is a good idea. I really hope this passes soon because i want to enjoy the pregnancy and right now i just feel soo down. Sad
Marien
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:43 pm 
Post subject: MORNING SICKNESS
Hi, I also had to go to hospital and be put on a drip because I was so sick. They gave me cyclizine in hospital and when I came out I saw my GP who prescribed Avomine which is apparently safe (the chemist also said it was safe and so did 2 midwives and the consultant I've been seeing). It didn't stop me feeling sick though it stopped me throwing up, and a friend suggested ACUPUNCTURE which I tried and it helped me LOADS!!! Very Happy PS it DOESN'T hurt.
zacharysmom
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:09 am 
Post subject: morning sickness
i totally understand what everyone's talking about!! i felt wretched the last two weeks but my GP prescribed vitamin B6 and thats helped a great deal,plus its all natural which is pretty great!!
but the gagging thing while brushing??cant wait to get past that stage!x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:23 am 
Post subject: Funte
Funte, i hate to tell you this, but i'm 40 weeks now, and the gagging whilst brushing has never gone!! I still get it now, and occasionally i throw up when i brush my teeth!! eeekkkkk hope yours goes though!!! xx
gingin
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
i gag when i brush my teeth, and sometimes if i cough too !!
have now started drinking blackcurrant juice - and eating much more regularly - i think its better but if i have another day like sunday - i will be needing a psych consult !!LOL am so not a sicky person and this is nothing short of hell !! the only good thing is that i am fine in the morning providing i keep eating - i am studying at the local college at the moment and i keep everyone amused by munching quietly on bananas through the whole mornings session
am feeling all your pain girls - keep smiling
oh and am telling other half that round 2 offspring will most definately have to wait
xx
xamberx
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
eat little an often u feel sick coz the baby is stealing all ur food lol, as soon as u start to feel sick have sumat little to eat that wot i do an it works, try nt to have big means if u r far gone!! good luck x
Tulip81
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi All Mums to be

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have only recently starting feeling sick. I was hoping to get away with no morning sickness........I feel sick more in the mornings up to about midday. The only thing helping the sickness go away is if I eat or drink something - doesn't have to be alot even a biscuit it tends to help.

Does anyone know when the sickness should stop?? Or can it continue through the pregnancy - I hope not!!!!

Thanks Very Happy
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
im 9 weeks and dont feel sick every day but when i do its awfull and i cant stop reching Sad i havnt actually been sick but i guess that days not too far off ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular