ectopic worry

annie141
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
Post subject: ectopic worry
my last pregnancy was ectopic, and now, 5 weeks pregnant, am worried it will happen again. Is it normal at 5 weeks to have aches and pains in pelvic area?
RHL
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Annie. Sorry to hear you had an ectopic previously. If it helps then I think i is totally normal to have pelvic pains at 5 weeks (and beyond). I know I did, and still have at 9 weeks. I was worried at first but have had my mind put at rest by many people who had the same sort of pains and went on to have healthy pregnancies. Try not to worry and good luck.
CL
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i had an ectopic 3 years ago and I am now 24 wks pregnant. I panicked with every little twinge but it doesnt mean anything is necessarily wrong. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you. Will keep my fingers crossed. Easy to say I know but try not to worry xxx
BIGRED10
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:06 am 
Post subject: Hi Annie
Hi Annie, sorry to hear about ur ectopic. I had one last year so can understand what u went through, itīs terrible. Iīm now 10 weeks pregnant with twins!!!scary or what. At the start i thought my period was coming due to pelvic period like cramps but it definitely wasnīt my period. The doctors told me that itīs normal. I had no cramps b4 my period was due - when i had the ectopic i had terrible pains b4 my period was even due. Just to put your mind at rest go to the drs and maybe they could do a quick scan so u could put ur mind at rest. I live in Spain and i had a scan at 6 weeks and i think it was due to the ectopic last year. Hope everything works out well and good luck xoxoxo Wink
annie141
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:43 pm 
Post subject: thank you
i want to say thank you to all the kind words and hope from those who answered my post about my ectopic worries. It is so nice to know that I am not alone and that people understand. Thank you so much, keep your fingers crossed!
Annie xxx
gingin
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
i had an ectopic when i was 19 (now 37 and in week 14) all i can say is that mine was diagnosed by the doctor when i had my first appointment - if you are in any doubt see your doctor for an exam - if nothing else it will put your mind at rest
sadly i think for all of us who have been through it the first trimester until 1st scan is nothing short of traumatising while you imagine all sorts of bad things going on in your body !
you do get aches and pains but given your history always see doctor - it isnt wasting time - a friend of mines step-daughter died from an ectopic so it really isnt worth taking any risks
take good care & good luck
g
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular