weight gain in pregnancy

Catherine1587
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:00 am 
Post subject: weight gain in pregnancy
Hi everyone,

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and before getting pregnant i weighed 8 1/2 stone.
Last night i weighed myself and i was 9 stone, but this morning i weighed myself again and i was 8 stone 10????

is this normal? and my scales definately arent broken, i mean i dont think anything is wrong with the baby but surely my dinner doesnt weigh 4 pounds? lol

can anyone help with this

thanks

Catherine xxxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
yeah mine keeps going back and forth a couple of pounds. i was just over 8 and im now 9 2lb. i hope it slows down abit!!! xx

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Catherine, yes my weight does the same!! Maybe its water retention or something!?xx
Catherine1587
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
aww thanks you guys, its nice to know im not alone!

xxx

good luck to you both in your pregnancies
xxx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
i have 8 weeks left and im huge i dont think its possible to get eney bigger lol ive went from 9 to 11 omg peaple say im all baby and that i havnt put it on eney wher else yeh right i hope i can loose it for the summer xx Embarassed
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
you are all tiny!! I started off 10stone 12, then went down to 10stone 4 with all the morning sickness, now, i'm 12 stone 10. I am quite tall though, so hopefully thats where my weight is LOL xx
Catherine1587
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
yes i am really small. whats called petite, im only 5 ft 3!! lol

tall people generally are heavier and anyway it doesnt matter about weight gain as long as the baby is healthy Smile

xxx
booter
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
HI all,

Pre-pregnancy I weighed 10st 3lbs and my height is 5ft 7ins. With two weeks left until my due date I now weigh 13st 2lbs! Embarassed

Apparantly our meals make a difference to our daily weight, as does 'having a number 2'. It will usually only be about 2lbs either way but you'll probably notice that you are lighter first thing in the morning and heavier in the evening.

My MW told me off for weighing myself so much, but if you feel the need to do it, as I do, it's probably best to weigh yourself the same sort of time and in the evening.

xx
gingin
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
as long as your didnt have weight issues before being pregnant your weight will definately fluctuate - my midwife told me the worst thing you can do is constantly weight yourself because it can become a bit addictive and may cause a lot of unnessesary anxiety - your scans will tell the medical professionals all they need to know about your babys weight and if they say all is fine with baby dont worry
i lost a lot of weight just before pregnancy and now i have only gained 6lbs at 14 weeks -i am 5'11 - am just keeping an eye of minimising "fatty" foods and little to no junk food - apparently most weight gain doesnt start until last trimester so give the scales a miss
take care
g
x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
As i am reading these messages, i am enjoying a bag of galaxy mini eggs!! I think I deserve them as i was due yesterday and still no sign of this baby!!! Roll on the last few pounds of weight LOL xxx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
lol r u still here xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
I am!!! Saw the midwife this morning, and ive been booked in for induction on the 22nd if this little monkey doesnt get a move on before then! Any tips please to get everything moving?!!? xx
gingin
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
petra lou - at this stage i think you owe it to yourself to eat whatever you fancy regardless of the calories - and hey Galaxy well thats not a sin but its a definate pleasure - i cant get it here in sweden and theres nuffin like it !!!
if all else fails baby might get a huge sugar rush and want out !!!!! LOL
curries and sex apparently are the key to getting it all going !!
take huge care and good luck
g
x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Gingin, i am of course getting as much energy as i can for whats ahead LOL! I had a curry last night, and nothing! So tonight is my fellas lucky night, whether he likes it or not LOL!! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular