Can't sleep at night

AnnaLou01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 pm 
Post subject: Can't sleep at night
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and i can't remember the last time I managed to have a full night's sleep. Does anyone else have trouble with this? It doesn't help that I seem to need to get up to go to the loo at least twice a night (even if i don't drink any water before bed time!). Does anyone have any advice on what might help? I'm so tired!!!
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject: hi hun
im now 31 weeks and it dosnt get eney better sorry i no how u feel i just wish for one night i could have a good nights sleep i asked my midwife if thers eney thing i could take and she says no xx
AnnaLou01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
ah well, at i guess i know what i'm going to be in for!!! By the sounds of it, pretty much everyone has this, never mind, it'll all be worth it in the end i'm sure! x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
im 14 weeks and have the same problem, this is my third pregnancy and my tip is to buy an extra pillow and sleep with it under ur belly. feels so better and helps me sleep better. the weeing thing doesnt seen to get better as baby is constantly pushing ur bladder!
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi, i'm 2 days overdue (boooo!!), and i have to tell you, it only gets worse. I'm lucky if i get 4 or 5 hours, it takes me ages to get to sleep initially, sometimes 3 hours, and then i'm waking up constantly, tossing and turning. I have pelvic pain, and it is agony to turn over, i cant sleep on my back, and i get too hot/cold!! As well as this, i have to pee 3 times a night, and have to drink loads of water through the night, as the thirst i have is unbelievable!! At least i'm off work now, so i can have a sleep during the day. I'm sure its our bodies getting us ready for a lifetime of no sleep once baby arrives!!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject:
hey, im 21 weeks and im afraid im having the same problem. Id do anything to sleep right though the night x

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:20 am 
Post subject:
I don't know if 'it doesn't get any better' is true or not. I was in agony my first semester. I couldn't sleep because my mind was racing. I kept going to the loo every 10 minutes and if I wasn't weeing, I was throwing up.

At about 14 or 15 weeks, my mind started calming down (it helped that I had a scan and I could feel the baby moving). As I started to grow a bump, I need to use the loo a lot less and my sickness passed.

It was like that until about 24 weeks for me. I'm now at 25 and I'm getting up more frequently to use the loo and it's getting a bit uncomfortable for me to sleep. Everyone tells me to use a pillow, but I find that even more uncomfortable! The best thing to do is to just lie in bed whenever you can. Even if you can't sleep, read a book in bed if you can. It certainly helps me when it gets tough to sleep.
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya. iv not had any trob sleeping at all. i crnt wait to get 2 bed and i sleep untill bout 6 wen i go 2 loo then back asleep again. i think tho its cause i only work 3days a week and have no other kids so i dont need 2 get up for anything xx
natrob
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, sleeping hasnt been good really, lots of goin to loo!!..however I did buy sleep cones from boots the chemist which are sticky things to put on your pressure points on wrist!!...may be in the mind but they seem to work!!xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular