Post subject: did eney one watch it
pram faced babys it was so good xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I watched it. It actually made me a little less afraid of childbirth, except for the girl that kept on screaming for a c-section!! She terrified me!! But i received lots of texts saying "its not like that, she's over dramatising it"!! So i feel a bit better

P.s. still no baby!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Na i missed it, i really wanted to watch that as well. I might try and find a film in a libary or something as i would really like to see someone giving birth so i know what im in for! x lots of Mad i think lol x

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Mikhaela, they didnt show the 'business end' (LOL), but they did show a woman go through contractions, and then the baby being lifted onto the mum. Have u started ante natal classes?? They showed us one there, it was very graphic, my boyfriend couldnt watch, an i was sobbin!!!! xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:29 am 
Post subject: xx
i really wanted 2 watched that. but iv alrady watched sum 1 give birth i think it was called katie as a baby or sumin along themlines. and it showed u a birth i was shocked how wide do we strech lol i hope my baby dont have a 2 big head x
joliver
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Yeah i watched it

Didnt give a good insight to Liverpool (where I live) but its the Hospital i will be giving birth in ha ha

Jo x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
PetralLou, i havent even looked into antinatal classes yet, should i already be going to them then??? xx

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies, i watched pram face babies too but im still terrified of giving birth.lol. im not attending antenatal classes but would like to see a video of some1 giving birth(so i know what to expect) any ideas where i can get 1? xx
morwen
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
I think antenatal classes depend on your hospital or area. My hospital doesn't offer them until week 30, though my midwife told me to book them around week 20 because they can fill up quickly.

As for videos, I'm deliberately avoiding watching footage of childbirth and listening to "horror" stories from other mothers! Obviously I'm reading all I can to prepare myself, but I don't think watching someone else go through labour will necessarily give me a better idea of how I personally am going to cope with it! Or maybe I'm just telling myself that because I am a wimp...
Razz
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
i've recorded it on sky+. im desperate to get my partner to watch it! lol!

for anyone who has sky there's loads of baby channels that have loads of birth stories, its very graphic and follows mum from slightly before till slightly after the biths. my sis watched them religiously every nite when she was expecting! Smile

never thought of going to the libary! thanks Mikhaela, now all i need is a libary card,.......hmmmm Confused lol

kimberley xo
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Mikhaela, we went to ours after I was about 30/32 weeks ish. We didnt have to book, i was just given a leaflet about it at my 20 week scan. how far gone are you? I'd maybe ring the hospital or your midwife and ask them. I found them really useful, they went through what happens when in labour, talked a lot about breastfeeding and we watched a birth video. My boyfriend is a bit from the dark ages, so i really wanted him to be involved and listen to some professionals when they explained about how pregnant women feel etc etc. xx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies,

First of all, its great to watch the birth videoes but remember everyone has a different experience and everyone has different pain thresholds. I had a wanderful experience giving birth to my daughter 11 yrs ago and am still frightened about this one.
The thing to remember is to stary open minded and be prepared to listen to the advice given by the midwifes ect as they know what they are on about.

As for the ante natal classes they normally start them around week 30 and you should also get chance to visit the maternity ward where you plan to have your baby so as you and your birth partners are all familiar with the surroundings.

good luck everyone.
dawn xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
log on to my space and see child birth omg scary lol let me no if u wach some xx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I watched Pramface.. I wasnt overall impressed to me honest.. i think it was interesting to see other peoples stories but not highly informative. lol.

xxx
zandersmum
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
hi im simone and im 20
if any1 has foxtel the health disc channel 5.30pm australian est time you will find a show called birth day it is on 5 days a week mon-fri is very good a graphic u see numerous child births including c-section and natral and i mean u c everyting theres a diff birth everyday on that channel from 5.00 onwards till aroun 6.30ish there are siome really good parenting and birth shows have a look it is great i watch it all the time
well girls i really dnt think anything can prepare u for the realy thing 1st time u dnt know wat to expect so its not so bad but 2nd time its like y did i go back lol dreading the labour but excited to meet ur baby for the first time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular