did eney one watch it

tealbutterfly
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Before i got pregnant i used to watch a lot of baby/birth stories on sky but now i admit i'm a little scared. I watched pramfaced and to be honest it wasn't very informative and there are much better stories on digital.
I think it's important to remember everyone's birth story is different. I remember my mum telling me that she thought birth was easy as i was born at 3Ib 1, so it apparently wasn't that bad, until she had my brother and he was 7Ib and she screamed for an epidural but it was too late. Truth is i'm really really scared and am considering an epidural but my mother had 6 of us 1 she miscarried at 7 months and she still only ever used gas! Makes me think maybe i could do it.
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I recorded pramfaced babies, but tape ran out half way through!

I would advise not to watch too many pregnany videos, as it could scare you. Remeber that everyone is totaly different and you need to go in with an open mind feeling relaxed and confident.

When i was pregnant i(gave birth Oct 07) i had no antenatal classes, as not funded, so I avoided listening to horror stories & avoided watching any birthing videos. Instead i went in with an open positive atttude feeling confident with my body in pertforming as it should during the birthing process.

I recommend that you read up on books etc that give you a positive outlook of birthing

Goodluck & remember your natural pain relief kicks in the more relaxed you are, so when mixed withgas & air....wheyy hey hey...your on cloud 5 & cloud 9 when your baby is born!
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:40 am 
Post subject:
ps

When you get to the stage when you think i've had enough get the baby out...it means the baby is about to come into the world!

The head...don't worry about the size of the head. A babies skull isn't fused together, so the skull segments overlap one another, shaping the babies head into almost like a pointed shape.

The reason we open up so much is that our hormones loosens the muscles and the skin around the area, also try PERINEAL MASSAGE, it helpsloosen the muscles even more. Look on internet
gingin
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
ok now i am going to be very naive and your prob all going to yell at me - but i have absolutely no interest in seeing any videos etc about whats going to happen - i find hospitals terrifying at the best of times but providing we make it there in good time i will take it as it comes - we will go to the classes etc but i dont want to be scared and that wont exactly help the proceedings
when i had an operation on my back, none of it was as i had expected and i wish i hadnt done the research prior to it like i did !! same with childbirth - baby has to come out plain and simple
be really careful with information overload you may get yourselves into a right tiswas before you get out your front door
xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 am 
Post subject:
Gingin, its your personal choice whether to watch or not! Some people just dont want to see it. I probably wouldnt have looked for a video to watch if we hadnt have been shown it at ante natal class. Every single birth is different, but the good thing about the one they show you in class, is that its a 'normal birth', no horrifics, no screaming women etc etc!

I agree with you about information overload, however, i dont think there is anything wrong with being informed and understanding certain things xx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
hey gingin,

i too have had surgery on my back, how far along are you and do you find the extra weight a strain on your back???

kimberley xo
lisamummy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
pramface was great to watch, a kind of refresher for me. im on my third pregnancy after a 8 year gap. i was very very lucky with my two. The 1st labour lasted 5 hours and second one was less than an hour, but the pain was there Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Just hope my lucks in with this lil one Smile
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
im hoping for a good labour this time my other 2 wher realy long labours im praying i have a quick one this time xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular