girlfriend feeling down

dr
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:37 pm 
Post subject: girlfriend feeling down
Hi
Just wondering if anyone would have any advice.
my girlfriend of 8 months has recemtly found out she was pregnant (big shock for both of us)
At first she seemed ok handeling things well. But in the last two weeks she become quite down.Dosn't want to see anyone including me. As she said she just feels like hibernating on a desert island.
I dont know what to do. she won't talk about anything.
should i give her space or try snap her out of it?
should i talk to one of her family ?

Worried father to be.
Sad
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats on becoming a farther 2 b. sorry to hear about your gf but what she is going thru is what we all have its normal so try not to worry 2 much. i used 2 want 2 melt away in bed and never get up. just keep reminding her that ur there for her even tho it mite be frustrating for u. tell her to have a chat with her midwife but she will feel better soon gl xx
alibongo78
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thing is....us women are funny buggers and you can't do rights for doing wrong at times. I think that if she is not really wanting to talk to you right now the best thing would be to write her a little letter...Tell her how much you love and care for her. tell her you know that she is finding things difficult just now. tell her that you know she does not want to speak to anyone right now and that you will give her that space she wants/needs but you are right there the second she wants you!!

hope that helps

Ali x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
well what can we say welcome to father hood my poor husband has been hit chucked out u name it bless him lol im now 32 weeks and am a [*CENSORED*] to him cant help it oh well it will be over soon i hope lol xxx
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi & Congratulaions

So its a pretty fresh relationship...your girlfriend is most probably still in shock & trying to come to terms with being a mother! Also her hormones are going to be all over the place.

Luckily i didn't suffer from depression, but my pregnancy was planned and i have been with my partnerfor a few years, having plenty of hols and going for meals etc...

Maybe your girlfriend is scared that you will not stick around, makesure you REASURE her. Dont be too pushy with her or over the top, give her some space.

Try to cook a few meals, help outwith household chores tell her how much you think about her. Maybe you should book a hol for a week or two and let her know that you'll always be their for her Very Happy
gingin
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi, i did and am suffering from depression with my first pregnancy we are currently in week 15 - trust me its an enormous thing to deal with - both pyschologically and physically - whether you are trying or its accidental - we were trying and i couldnt deal with anything - the only advice i would give is to try and be supportive in material ways like - make a cup of tea - do things for her - get or make dinner - do the dishes - see if anything needs doing round the house - and most of all remember to give her a hug (often) - my other half seems to forget i am pregnant sometimes - hes in his own little world !! yesterday we went shopping and he watched me carry boxes to the car etc - i may be being more sensitive than usual but he is being more insensitve and thoughtless than usual - trust me a few choice words and actions would go a long long way
xx
ps every woman is different with her pregnancy but hormones will play havoc through the first trimester even possibly to month 4 and beyond
dr
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone for the advice.
It's good to hear that a lot of what my girlfriend is doing is normal.
Best of luck with your own pregnancies.
I might be back for more advice
cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular