Still Here!

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:12 am 
Post subject: Still Here!
Well ladies, I'm 4 days overdue and still no sign of baby! Apart from the odd period cramp, i'm getting no symptoms Sad ....

Saw my midwife on thursday, and they cant do a membrane sweep until i'm 6 days overdue, and then i'm booked in to be induced on the 22nd if i've not had it by then!!

I've tried sex, curry, raspberry leaf tea (i'm sat drinking a cup as i type!!). I'm not sleeping a wink, and am up at 5am most mornings, my head is battered with all the worrying about labour and the excitement about meeting my son/daughter!!

I've got my fingers crossed its going to happen soon, the babys room is all ready, my bags are packed, alls i need now is the little one!
xx
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Petralou,

Sorry to hear things still haven't started yet. I have a week and 4 days to go and I'm already going out of my mind with frustration. It doesn't help that I've been getting pains for days now, it's like my body keeps trying to start things off and then thinks, na , can't be bothered...lol.

Are you huge now and do you have any idea of the size of your little one? I hope things start progressing for you soon

xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun still here lol i think ive jinkst ya xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Booter, i'm HUGE! Well my belly is. I've hardly gained any weight elsewhere thankgod, otherwise i wouldnt be able to walk!! My midwife said i was having a 'normal' size baby, whatever that means. I was worrying it was going to be huge, as my boyfriend was 11lb7, but i was only 6lb 9 so hopefully it takes after me!! Do you have any idea about yours??

Lisa, you've definitely jinkst me LOL!!

Keep your fingers crossed girls xx
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hopefully yours will be inbetween those weights, though ideally the lower end...lol.
My MW thinks mine will be between 8 and 10lbs, she thinks he'll be medium to large so that worries me if I am to go past my due date.

I have unfortunately put on a little bit too much extra weight in areas other than my tummy but I've had a very healthy appetite throughout.

Do you feel like your tummy couldn't possibly get any bigger? I'm sure mine can't, the skin around the middle is stretched so tight it's shiney, but yet the skin around my lower abdomen isn't tight anymore. I guess it's because his body is up the top and his head down below.

x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i hope so. I think that they stop growing though dont they at a certain point?? Or am i wrong about that?

i've put a little bit on, but couldnt eat for first 5 months cos was soooo sick! But the extra weight we gain is used for breastfeeding. It will soon drop off anyway with all the running around we'll be doing!

Yeah my skin is quite sore now, it feels so stretched. I've got some stretch marks too at the bottom of my tummy, so am putting the oil on liberally trying to stop the itching!! But today has been the worst, i literally feel as though i could explode my stomach feels so tight!! The babys movements arent as many each day now, as i just dont think there is room!

Is it your first??

Ive just unpacked and repacked the babys stuff for the hospital and got really excited looking at the teeny baby grows! xx
booter
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, it's my first, is it your first?

He's been moving around like crazy the last 2 days. I've been getting all sorts of weird and at times very uncomfortable pains. MW thinks he's just trying to move his way down and get into a comfortable position. I'm constantly worrying whether what I'm feeling is normal. I just want him here now so that I know he is well.

I think what you were saying about the growth slowing down after 40 weeks is kind of right, I've heard that you lose a few pounds or so before labor but whether that is the baby I'm not entirely sure.

I dread to think how many times I've packed and re-packed the baby bag for hospital. I've been on maternity leave since late January and the last few weeks have probably been the most mundane and non-productive of my entire life!! Have you been off long?

x
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Yeah its my first too. I know what you mean about the aches and pains, its difficult to know whether what you're feeling is normal isnt it!! I get shooting pains all the time. Last night I had backache really bad, and had a couple of period pains, but then nothing! I might be in slow labour and not even know LOL. But i havent had a show or waters break or anything yet!

I finished work on 1st feb, so yes its dragging now, although it has been nice to have my breakfast in bed every morning, and get up when i want - this will all stop once baby arrives!! I ended up finishing work 2 weeks earlier than planned because it just got too much!

What is your due date?
booter
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Me too funnily enough, well I got signed off 3 weeks early because at the time my hubby did his back in and I had to look after the full running of the house and his business and as a result I started getting strong braxton hicks followed by pain so doc thought I was over doing things. Worked out quite well really because work didn't include it as maternity leave.

My due date is the 27th however right from the 20 wk scan they thought I was a week ahead and from about 34 wks my uterus has been a week ahead so hubby thinks due date is 20th. But we'll see.

Your right, you could be in slow labor. Any other pains today? Out of curiosity what sort of movements has your baby been making lately, because up untill about 4 days ago (before all the aches and pains) my babys movements were regular and fairly easy to determine, but now his pattern of movement has changed and sometimes he makes slighty jerky or jumpy movements, do you think it's because he's moving his way down or something? MW says he is definately engaged prob 1 or 2/5.
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Unfortunately, mine was classed as maternity - but wish i'd been a bit cleverier and took a couple of weeks sick, as i feel like ive wasted 7 weeks of maternity now just sitting around!!

So you could be due any day!? Thats ace. Fingers crossed yours arrives on time!!

Yeah, ive had one period cramp today, and i have pelvic pain all the time. The baby also makes jerky movements, sometimes i get a very sharp elbow or something in my side, and its bum is constantly appearing under my boobs!! I think there is just so little room in there now, that when they move its very exaggerated! Yesterday my stomach felt very very hard and i was so bloated, and when the baby moved it was agony, but its loosened up a bit today! Generally, the movements are very slow and 'big' if you know what I mean, i see my entire stomach move and lift up and down! Is this the same as you??

Mine is also 2/5, but has been for over 3 weeks now! Its a lazy baby xx
booter
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 am 
Post subject:
Lol, that makes 2 lazy babies then.

Yeah, my tummy does exactly the same. When he moves his bum my tummy under my right rib looks like a camal hump. Occasionally I'll see an elbow or knee at the side. His movements are generally as you say slow and big, just the occasional jump or jerky movement, but again as you say it's probably the lack of room.

Your tummy may have been bloated because of babys position perhaps or he/she may have been pressing against your intestines? Sometimes, I get this tremendous pain between my back and abdomen which is him pushing against something (I dread to think what), when I move or rotate my hips the pain stops.

Joy of joys all this isn't it...lol. I keep telling him to hurry up but he's not listening, this is a sign of things to come!!

xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Ha ha, the camel hump statement has made me laugh, thats exactly how it looks!! I call my bump 'big bum', my boyfriend says its takes after its mum, the cheeky bugger!!

Yeah, there was something definitely pressing on something yesterday, it was a horrid feeling. I literally just laid on the bed most of the day cos i was so uncomfortable!!

So, you're having a boy?! Any names??
booter
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Yeah, it's a wee boy. We've decided on Henry as first name and VIncent as middle name. How about you, I take it you are waiting to find out the sex? Do you have any names as yet?

My hubby keeps scaring me by constantly teasing me that he's huge and going to be a 15lber or something. Hopefully the MW will be right at between 8 and 9 lbs.
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Ahh thats so cute!! Yeah, we didnt want to find out. We've picked Leo Michael for a boy, and Kaitlin Maria for a girl. (My boyfriends mum was Kathleen so we wanted a variation on that, and my mum is Maria), Leo doesnt mean anything we just thought it sounded cool!

Men can be so insensitive cant they?!? My fella does the same, he says "i hope its huge", i think they will be different when they see us in so much pain.

I'm really quite scared of the birth now, are you? x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, sorry to butt in, just wanted to wish you both the best of luck and i hope it is not much longer ul have to wait xx Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular