Is it possible to have a periond and not ovulate?

Tasha1985
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:01 am 
Post subject: Is it possible to have a periond and not ovulate?
Hi all,

I was wondering if any1 knew if it was possible to have a periond and not ovulate? If any1 has any info I'd be grateful to hear it. Thanks
jenniP35
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:27 am 
Post subject:
Here's your answer. Found it at http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/cycle/cycle.html

Anovulatory cycles
Although ovulation occurs in most cycles, it is possible to have a cycle, and a period, without ovulating. This is called an anovulatory cycle and may happen in young women who have just started menstruating, women who are breastfeeding, women nearing the menopause, and women whose cycles are longer than 35 days.
Tasha1985
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for that Jenni,

I've read up on it and although I'm quite sure that's not happening to me. I just wanna make a list of questions to ask my GP at tommorrow's appt! I'll keep you posted!
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
How did you get on at the docs Question
farzu23
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hi Tasha,

I think i also had the same problem. though the doc didn't tell anything about ouv. i had very irregular period. Did some blood tests, ultrasound. it showed that i had very low level of hormones, like menopause and because of that after peroids the egg didn't release properly.
Tasha1985
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jenni & Farzu,

I went to my docs with a list of things that I thought was wrong, LOL! I asked her could I be anovulatory and she explained that that condition is uaually found in women going through early menopause or women who were athletes. My blood test showed low horomonal levels the last time I went to see her. She believed it had something to do with me having trouble with the coil and my cycle still hasn't regulated yet. I told her I was taking Ovulex and she did another blood test, which I got the results of yesterday and my horomone's are back to thier peak condition. Yipee!! Very Happy So God willing any day know I'll have some good news!
farzu23
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:53 am 
Post subject: hi
OH !! Tasha thats really a very very good news hun. I'm very happy for you. So, did ovulex fixed your hormone levels or did you take any other med? I'm hoping for pg this month (fingers crossed). i'm 5 days late now and did 3 tests but all are negetive. Will be waiting for few days before doing another test. No sign of Sf yet though. Anyway, Fingers crossed for you hun and hope you get the results you want.
Tasha1985
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Farzu,

Ive only been taking Ovulex, been on since 25th Feb. So far so good. I was about 4day late for AF this month, but I came on Friday just gone. Its getting really hard to tell as my cycle ranges between 28-35 days, but now that my horomones are back to normal, the doc says I should hopefully have a 28 day cycle this month, which will make it much easier to chart my ovulation. I really hope you het a BFP soon. Lots of luck and baby dust to you all. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular