Very new and overwhelmed

johners298
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:23 pm 
Post subject: Very new and overwhelmed
My husband and i have been married 18 months and together for 9 years. We were about to start trying for a baby last year but unfortuately our niece was still born and it really shook us up. Sad

We are feeling much stronger and optimistic and feel that the time is right for us now and have started trying for a baby. We are keeping it to ourselves as we don't want to create any unnecessary stress and pressure but i am finding things a little overwhelming its a totally foreign world of ovulation charts, BBT's and so on. i am also used to being in control and find it very unsettling that this is taken out of my hands and left to mother nature Confused

Any words of comfort appreciated!!
GirlyEngland
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

Welcome to this site - firstly sorry to hear about your niece, must have been a really bad time for you.

I am new to all this too as me and my husband have only recently decided now is the right time to try for a baby - but this site is fab for advise, have to admit that it is very scary worrying about temperatures, ovulation charts etc and so far I have not worried about them - but its still early days!

Anyway, just thought that I would say hello, we havent told anyone that we are trying too so its nice to have someone to talk to about things and get advise!

x Smile
amysmum96
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
hiya hun and welcome sorry to hear of the news about ur niece.. im fairly new to this boad too, i already have a 12 yr old daughter and we have decided to try for another im 33 so thought i was too old with the clock ticking you know.. i was on the implant for 11 yrs and had it removed in sept 07 we started ttc straight away as the doc said i would be fertile as soon as implant was out.. weve had no luck so far my af is regular our doc has been brill i got blood tests last month and everything come bk normal im able to concieve etc my fella has just got his seman results bk and everything is normal there too so its just a waiting game i guess... ive trried the mucus test i cant do it as its always the same to me i tried the iv kits too and got muddled i was also obsesed the fist few months with poas lol, but now this is the first month ive got ov bleed so maybe this month maybe for us.. i use the ov calenders there easy to understand im on cd17 today so have just finished ovulating so im entering my 2ww so fingers crossed.... hope this aint too long a reply for you but just wanted to share it with you and let u know have fun trying loads of baby dust to you both xx chez xxxx
johners298
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girls, must say i never thought trying for a baby could be so tiring, me and hubby both fell asleep in front of the tv at 7.30pm last night Laughing still i suppose it gives us an excuse for an early night and more baby making Laughing

Its nice to know that others are going through the same thing!!
Stephaniehicks
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hello there

My husband and I tried for 18 months and it was the month we didnt think about it, worry about timings or charts that I fell pregnant!!!!!!

I do belive you can over do the planning and working out, I suggest have fun trying and keep it relaxed and fun.

I would suggest http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu/ as this gives you an indication on when to go for it.

My husband and I have just decided to start trying agian as we want ours to be close as our son is now 8 months old so I am with you doing it all again.

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular