Inducing labour

AskBaby10828
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:02 pm 
Post subject: Inducing labour
I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I am getting frustrated because I was at the doctors last week and he said I was dilated 1cm and one day later I lost my mucus plug. It has been 3 days now and this is my third pregnancy. I only lost my mucus plug with the other ones when I was in labour. I have also been told by an RN that with subsequent pregnancy you usually lose your mucus plug just before the onset of labour. I have had some piercing pain in my groin area and some back pain. Does anyone out there think that it may happen within a few days for me? Please tell me what you think and what I can do to get things going.
Lucy44
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 am 
Post subject:
When I had my daughter I had really intense backache right in the middle of my back just before I went into labour so it might happen soon for you.

GL with everything!
Chezh25
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:24 pm 
Post subject: Inducing Labour
I am 37 wks and 2 days pregnant. I had a show on thursday went to hospital to find out i was 4 cm dilated. Since then i was given 2 lots of the gel to move things along and im now 5cm dilated but nothing has happened since thursday. Is there anything i can do at all???
Kirsty84
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
Im 37 +2 and have had a realy sore back since i woke u this morning. I dnt know if its the start of labour or have i done my back in while tryn 2 hoover under ma bed 3 days ago!! its realy low down and is realy sore when i try 2 stand up right. has any1 else had this? x
jaajamom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:08 am 
Post subject: Inducing labour naturally
Hi, I hope that this post will help someone viewing this discussion. I used maternity acupressure method to induce my overdue labour. It worked well for me, and I recommend this natural technique to anyone with an overdue pregnancy or slow early labour. If you are interested, I checked the website address and it is http://www.maternityacupressure.com/
rngrad2b
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:22 am 
Post subject: Re: Inducing labour
[quote="AskBaby10828"]I am now 38 weeks pregnant. I am getting frustrated because I was at the doctors last week and he said I was dilated 1cm and one day later I lost my mucus plug. It has been 3 days now and this is my third pregnancy. I only lost my mucus plug with the other ones when I was in labour. I have also been told by an RN that with subsequent pregnancy you usually lose your mucus plug just before the onset of labour. I have had some piercing pain in my groin area and some back pain. Does anyone out there think that it may happen within a few days for me? Please tell me what you think and what I can do to get things going.[/quote

There is a link on my web site called "Natural Induction Methods" that you might be interested in looking at. You can find it under the link "week 40". I would love your feedback, as this is my first site and I am still in the process of adding much more!
Best of luck
~J

http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
pixiemama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:08 pm 
Post subject: try this
I used maternity acupressure. I was seriously overdue and in alot of pain with my second pregnancy. I got a downloadable book from http://www.maternityacupressure.com and used the techniques, and boom I was on the way to the hospital and giving birth to my second daughter. The methods are simple and they really work. I loved it and I hope that you do too.
EmmaE
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject: Inducing labour
Hi i am 39 weeks pregnant with my 3 child this is my first boy pregnacy and am so uncomfortable i am wanting people to share any tricks they have to start labour off, that is effective, i am measuring over dates by 2 weeks but still they will let me go 2 weeks over before they will help me. they say sex is a good thing but to be truthful its the last thing i am thinking of at the minute...
Any ideas would be greatly recieved
Thanks Emma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular