ECTOPIC PREGNANCY

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am 
Post subject: ECTOPIC PREGNANCY
iTS BEEN OVER A WEEK SINCE READING THE FORUMS. I WENT FOR A 6 WEEK SCAN ON MON 10TH AS I HAD BEEN BLEEDING A BIT. I WASNT OPPTOMISTIC BUT WAS TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE AS I HAD BLED IN MY PREVIOUS TWO PREGNANCIES 8 AND 10 YEARS AGO. MY WORLD FELL APART WHEN THE NURSRE TOLD ME MY HORMONE LEVEL WAS ONLY 250 AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND 1500 FOR A 6+ WEEK PREGNANCY. I EXPECTED THE WORSE AS THEY CARRIED OUT THE INTERNAL SCAN. MY PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS HAD GONE AS QUICK AS THEY HAD COME. I EXPECTED A MISSED MISCARRIAGE AT THE WORST. THE SCAN SEEMED TO GO ON FOR AGES AND THE LADY NEEDED A SECOND THEN THIRD OPINION. IN PAIN AND TEARS MY HUSBAND AND ME WERE GIVEN A ROOM TO SIT IN. THE DOCTORS CAME IN AND ANOUNCED I HAD AND ECTOPIC PREGNANCY. THE REST IS A BLUR. EMERGENCY OP, I LOST MY RIGHT TUBE AND SENT HOME THE NEXT DAY. DONT GET ME WRONG THEY SAVED MY LIFE THE NURSES WERE LOVELY. BUT I NOW FEEL SO EMPTY. PHYSICALLY I AM ON THE MEND AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND WORK HAVE BEEN GREAT (I WORK AT THE VILLAGE PLAYGROUP). BUT I MISS THE BABY I NEVER HAD. I FEEL SELFISH SAYING THIS AS I HAVE TWO WONDERFUL CHILDREN ALREADY BUT I FEEL I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN THROUGH THIS AND IS NOW AT A MORE POSITIVE POINT OF THEIR LIFE. I WAS TOLD MY OTHER TUBE SEEMS OK. AND I SEEM TO GO FROM NEVER AGAIN TO WHEN CAN WE START TRYING? THEY DIDNT GIVE ME MUCH ADVICE OR ANYTHING WHEN I LEFT HOSPITAL. IM NOT WRITING THIS TO FRIGHTEN OR DEPRESE ANYONE. MY OTHER TWO PREGNANCIES WERE DIFFICULT AND I BLED BUT THEY HAD A POSITIVE OUTCOME. SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. JUST DROP ME A LINE IF YOU WISH. THANKS XX Crying or Very sad
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Oh I am so sorry you have had such an upsetting experience. I know its not the same but I am a mum of two and have had 2 m/c in last 8 months both straightforward miscarriages,.I did not wait at all and just picked myself up and carried on trying. I dont know how your situation is medically but I am sure someone on here would be able to advise you, one thing I can tell you is my mother in law lost a baby due to ectopic 34 years ago she lost her tube and fell pregnant again almost immediately. I do hope this is of some comfort to you and you can carry on ttc and go on to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. My GP is very blunt and after my 2 m/c I had a check up, through my tears and upset he gave me a piece of advice that has stuck with me - never to look back he told me to always look forward. Take care of yourself Flossie xx

bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: so sorry
its so heartbreaking to hear what you went through and my thoughts and well wishes are with you and your family, me and my fiance are awaiting our scan on thursday to see if baby is where it should be, and we are terrified. i cried my eyes out after i read your post, and i really do feel so sad for you, i wish you loads of luck for the future, take care honey x
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject: THANK YOU X
Thank you Flossie for your thoughts and advice. I am trying to look forward in betweeen the tears. Its good to hear positive outcomes aswell. Good luck to bloominglovely for your scan. I would love to hear positive news back from you. Thanks to you both for your concern. Take carexx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
Pup, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling better about things and looking forward to a future with another baby when you can try for one. xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks petralou. I know I have at least a 3 month wait before we can try again. Thats hoping Im ready and my body is ready. The due date will be difficult, but I am going to plant a tree in the garden as a memory to my Angel baby we never met, but very much loved. Best wishes to you. xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
The tree is a lovely idea. That way you can grieve, but also begin to move on. All the best to you xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Bless you, it is so hard. My baby would have been due on the 26th March 2008, it does not go away but it gets easier. There is a trying to conceive forum on here which is full of lovely ladies all hoping for a positive outcome it is nice to be able to share thoughts, fears and worries with 'virtual' friends, sometimes its easier to be honest because you can really say how you feel.

Keep in touch, we are a friendly bunch. xx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Flossie for you kind thoughts and words of encouragement. Sorry to hear of your loss, and good luck for your future with this baby. I will try the trying to concieve forum. I feel a bit of a fraud on the forum at the moment as I am now no longer pregnant. But to be honest its a comfort to hear others good news and everyone is so nice. I have previously been through pregnancy as I have two wonderful children so I suppose I have advice I can offer and hopefully it wont be long before we can try again. I have and will cry lots more but I need to look forward to the future. Thank you and all the best.xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
No you stay here with us as long as you want - I am also a mum of 2 children aged 15 and 12 and it isnt any easier is it. You keep posting hun you are very welcome on any of the conversations.

Flossie xx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Flossie. You have made me feel welcome and I will keep posting. x
CL
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject: ectopic
Hi pup I am so sorry to hear your news. The same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy 3 years ago so I know how devastating it is and although it does get easier you never forget and why should you? It is a loss and me and my husband never feel bad for feeling sad about what happened. Like I said I also lost a tube but I am now 25 wks pregnant and so so excited (also a little scared I don't think you ever stop worrying about one thing or another). I truly hope things get easier for I'm sure they will but take your own time to grieve. Just talk to to your husband about how you are feeling thats the best advice I can give you. Good luck and all the best for the future for you and your family. Thinking of you xxxx
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Sorry for your loss but this doesn't mean the end for you, my mum had an etopic pregnancy and then fell pregnant again with me straight away (against doctors orders tut tut) and everything was fine.

Take care and lots of luv.

X

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both for your caring thoughts and good wishes. It gives me hope to concieve again and all be ok. I must admit everyone tells you about the 3 month wait physically and emotionall which i can understand. But it seems like eternity. I will never forget my Angel baby but already we know we will try again. Good Luck to you both. ( I said on another forum on this site it was time to log off and join the trying to concieve when the time comes. But here I am again, its good to hear others good news) Pup1x
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
pup1 wrote:
Thank you both for your caring thoughts and good wishes. It gives me hope to concieve again and all be ok. I must admit everyone tells you about the 3 month wait physically and emotionall which i can understand. But it seems like eternity. I will never forget my Angel baby but already we know we will try again. Good Luck to you both. ( I said on another forum on this site it was time to log off and join the trying to concieve when the time comes. But here I am again, its good to hear others good news) Pup1x

Oi! Where are you going? lol.

Please come and visit us from the trying to concieve forums Smile

Take care

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular