Breast fed baby vomiting 2 - 3 hours after taking formula

ShayLJ
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:10 pm 
Post subject: Breast fed baby vomiting 2 - 3 hours after taking formula
Hi First time mum to Jamsmine here now 9 weeks old.

I would like to introduce one bottle a day just to try and get more of a break between feeds - she is currently feeding every 2 hours like clockwork - DAY AND NIGHT

I have so far tried aptimil and SMA gold ready made formula as i didn't want to waste money buying a full tub if i couldnt get her to take it. After 2 - 3 hours she vomits the whole lot up again.

Any advice would be helpful. Have tried infacol and gripe water without any difference

Thanks for looking!

Shay x
izzy102
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: Breast fed baby vomiting 2 - 3 hours after taking formul
ShayLJ wrote:
Hi First time mum to Jamsmine here now 9 weeks old.

I would like to introduce one bottle a day just to try and get more of a break between feeds - she is currently feeding every 2 hours like clockwork - DAY AND NIGHT

I have so far tried aptimil and SMA gold ready made formula as i didn't want to waste money buying a full tub if i couldnt get her to take it. After 2 - 3 hours she vomits the whole lot up again.

Any advice would be helpful. Have tried infacol and gripe water without any difference

Thanks for looking!

Shay x
dolphinannie
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
Have you tried expressing milk to give instead of formula? I know my lo used to take more milk from a bottle as it flows quicker than the breast and this would keep him full that little bit longer.

Well done for feeding this far, it is hard when they feed every 2 hrs (which is perfectly normal as breastmilk is so easily digested) I dont think infacol and grpe water will help her keep the milk down though as these are used to fetch wind up. You could try taking her off the bottle half way through a feed if you do think it is wind.

Hth Annie x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular