Noah's birth story

CarlLaLa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:32 pm 
Post subject: Noah's birth story
Just thought I'd share my story

I was in slow labour throughout the 17th march but I didn't know it, I was posting on here and they got a it worse around 8pm and it wasnt until I got a shooting pain that I called the midwife. She said to wait to see if anything came after it. And not much did, just more pains and then I got a series of bad pains so my hubby called her again and she said to get into hospital. That was around 10pm and I was at the hospital and settled for 11pm. The pains were increasingly worse up to midnight and 2am and then when I had gas and everything stopped. So the midwife checked me over and said the gas and air had sent the baby too sleep! So she suggested I get some sleep and wait for the labour to start again. Half and hour later and baby was wanting to come into the world. However, my waters still hadnt broken, so the midwife went to get what she needed. However I felt a huge surging feeling and that was my waters breaking. The midwife came back in and there I was lying there blood and water and she was like "oh my" (lol!)
and then I had tonnes of pain and the urge 2 push so the midwife checked me and I was 7cm dilated. That was 3am. She said 2 me theres no way u can push. So she got me on all fours 2 breathe through the contractions and at about 6am I was 10cm dilated. However, I hadnt got the urge 2 push. The midwife was worried about the baby. But she checked us over and we were fine. About half 6am, I felt the urge 2 push. So I began and he started to crown, but he was breech. There was much panic and hurried conversation but they decided as there were no other problems I could deliver him. He got stuck at shoulders and that took a while 2 get him sorted and he has the cord around his neck so that delayed his arrival. But at 6.55am Noah Matthew arrived! Nick (hubby) cut the cord and they washed weighed etc him and then I held him. Nick and Siobhan were both cooing over him lol. Poor Siobhan is now quite scared lol of her pending labour. I had/have sight bruising, as does my hubby around his wrists lol, but other than that all is ok Smile
xx

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
congrats on your little boy good luck xx lisa
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
thanks lisa hunxx

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations! as your daughter is younger she may have it easier...i had my daughter at 16 and it was qick and easy now 12 yrs on im dreading this birth as i feel it wont be as easy as last time!lol. love the name as well.take care. x
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Lovely to read Noahs story - I am sure he will bring you much joy. Well done, Flossie xx

Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
It was lovely to read Noah's story thank you for sharing it with us!

Congratulations!
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
dawnb wrote:
congratulations! as your daughter is younger she may have it easier...i had my daughter at 16 and it was qick and easy now 12 yrs on im dreading this birth as i feel it wont be as easy as last time!lol. love the name as well.take care. x

thanks hun Smile
yeps hopefully, I had a bad time when I had her @ 15
aww hun, hope its ok 4 u
thanks hun, good luck with the birth xx

CarlLaLa
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
thanks flossie and marmalade Smile
he defo has brought me joy hehe Very Happy

xx

honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:19 am 
Post subject:
hi carllala
i just wnated to say i had my first son at the age of 17 but fell pregnant at 16 it was tough not the birth or anything just other peoples comments it can hurt after a while i dont think people think about the impact of there words before they say it good luck with your baby boy i have 3 and they drive me mad Lol
and good luck to your daughter she must be really nervouse
bumpno2
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject: congrats
Hello,
Congratulations on the birth of Noah! I enjoyed reading your birth story. Hope you are both doing well.xx Smile
xSiobhanAx
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
honie wrote:
hi carllala
i just wnated to say i had my first son at the age of 17 but fell pregnant at 16 it was tough not the birth or anything just other peoples comments it can hurt after a while i dont think people think about the impact of there words before they say it good luck with your baby boy i have 3 and they drive me mad Lol

hiya, yeps am v.v.nervous lol! cant believe I only got 2 weeks 2 go! Shocked
mum's told me bout all the comments she used 2 get, coz she's worried that'll I'll get em 2 Crying or Very sad
thanks hun btw x
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
honie wrote:
hi carllala

Hiya Honie
Yep I totally agree hun, tis the comments that r the worst, spesh as it was 16 years ago
thanks hun, awwh lol blesh em hehe
yeps shes quite nervous, due day 2day xxx

CarlLaLa
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: congrats
bumpno2 wrote:
Hello,
Congratulations on the birth of Noah! I enjoyed reading your birth story. Hope you are both doing well.xx Smile

Thanks hun <3
yeps we r both doin fab thank yhoo <3 xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular