TWO WEEK WAIT!!

Petel
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject:
I've only go a day left before I'm due on.. I don't have any PMS symptoms yet but they'll probably start tonight. I was so depressed last week and even my work mates were commenting on how sad I looked. I'm much happier this week though.
I think that the 2 week wait can be very stressful. I don't think this is the month - did a test on Thursday last week (negative) but I'm looking forward to the 'trying' again this month.

My husband has suggested I do some meditation everyday. Last night he took me up to the bedroom and made my lie on the bed and concentrate on my breathing for 10 mins. I do find it hard to relax and have a very busy life. I think his going to make me do it every night which might help to relax and sleep better. He really is so excited about been a dad...

Have a lovely day ladies.
MrsE27
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, hows it going? Im still waiting.. due af on 7th, so plenty of time yet. Don't feel pregnant at all really so not getting any hopes up.

Been de-stressing about the whole thing the last few weeks and have decided to think it will happen when its meant to be Smile

Just thought I would wish everyone luck for this month Smile xxxx
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ive got 7-9 days till af is due and too be honest my way of thinking after 14 months of ttc is "what will be will be!" Im not stressing myself out too much(yeah right)
Ive got no symtoms except period like pain that comes and goes ad no patience with OH ( nothing new there Laughing )
Goodluck ladies xxx
Petel
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Good morning all you lovely ladies..
My period was due on Wednesday just gone, so I'm now 3 days late. I was convinced it would start today as I had period like cramps from about 5pm yesterday.
I'm so nervous at the moment. I feel like I'm going into a job interview. I have a feeling of nervousness and excitement at the same time - goose bumps all over my body and my muscles in my abdomen are very tight.. Its' very weird!!! Rolling Eyes
I'm planning to to an early pregnancy test tomorrow morning..

Fingers and toes crossed.. Wink
ja43118
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Petel - good luck. I am so hopeful for you and so excited that you might be the first of many!

I got my AF on Friday but feeling positive this month is my month.

Let us know as soon as you know - best of luck - I will keep eveyrthing crossed for you.

Jo x
morwen
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Deanobaby wrote:
Good luck everybody, I can only echo the answer by the lady who said, don't think about getting pregnant, before my second child was born we tried for two years! no results, we got so disheartened at the end that I decided to concentrate on a career instead, and babies were put out thought, two months later, I was pregnant!

This was true for me also. I was ttc for 8 months with no success - it didn't help that I was irregular and tended to miss every other period for no apparent reason whatsoever (though apparently coming off the pill can play havoc with your body). I went to the doctors and had some blood tests done to check my hormones, and everything came back fine.

By that point, I made a concious decision to stop caring (easier said than done but not as hard as you might think), on the rationale that a "watched kettle never boils!". I stopped doing pregnancy tests every time I was due and stopped looking out for "signs". About 3 months later, I found out I was 2 months pregnant! It meant I didn't know about the pregnancy until 8 or 9 weeks, but in some ways that was nice, since I was already 2/3 of the way through the "vulnerable" trimester.

Good luck everyone!
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
hi petel, how did you get on with your test this morning, hope it was what you wanted! Very Happy x
Petel
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Rose36.. Did a test this morning and got a faint positive line. I'd say the test was about 30% positive.. I've decided to wait until Tuesday, when I will be 7 days late and do another one. I'm geting quite excited but still don't feel pregnant - I don't have any symtoms..

Well you're only got another week to go.. my fingers are crossed for you.. Laughing
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
weyhey petel! thats fantastic! Very Happy hope its a maga strong positive when you test next Exclamation im smiling for you as i type this. keep me posted and take extra special care of yourself! so excited for you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy x
Petel
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Good morning all & Rose36..
I did another pregnancy test this morning and got a positive.. I made my husband get out of bed at 6am to go into the bathroom to see the test, which I had laid on the side of the bath..
It seems a bit of a shock but we are both excited. I am going to do another test in a few days just to double check then make an appointment with my GP for one day next week.

I'm sooooooooo happy!!! Fingers crossed all goes well...
Laughing Razz Wink Very Happy Shocked
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Petel - 2 positives wow congratulations to you Laughing Look forward to seeing you and many of you other ladies on the other side. Many of us have been through same experiences.

Take care and well done, Flossie xxx

sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Congrats Petel!
I'm sooo happy for you! I feel like we're all going through this together - it's really comforting! You must be thrilled.

I'm at the time where I could take a test which I really want to do (especially after hearing your news!) but my partner and I think we're gonna wait for a bit - reason being is that I had a miscarriage in January and had one period since which was 6 weeks after - then we started trying. I'm about 6 days late if i'm on a 28 day cycle but my cycle might not have settled down yet so the fact I haven't come on yet doesn't mean anything really - phew...that was a long sentence!
Anyway, it's so nice to hear that some of us are having success! Please keep us posted with how it goes and I wish you every success with the pregnancy.

Big hugs! Very Happy
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
cONGRATS PETAL!!!! XX
MY AF ISNT DUE TILL THURS......DID CB DIG THIS MORNING BUT -(I KNEW IT WOULD BE) Crying or Very sad
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Petel,

You give hope to us all XX Very Happy
Petel
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
My fingers are crossed for all of you lovely ladies that are enduring their 2 week wait...
Try and stick it out if you can, cos I did a test 5 days before I was due to have my period and the test was negative.
That was a very sad day. I was at a very low point but 10 days later I got a positive.
Sometimes it is just to early to test.. Hang in their.......

Baby dust and lots LUCK to all of you!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular