The stupidty of men?!

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
that's not the best one......the other day whilst he was dying at home with the sore back he phoned me at work cos he was bored but also in a panic. i asked what on earth was wrong and he said that a double glazing guy had come to the door and "made him" make an appt for that evening to discuss prices for new double glazing (which we already have and only got put in a year ago!!!!!) and he was too scared to phone them and cancel the appt so could i do it form work !!!!!! my husband is 28 and at least 19 stone with biceps covered in big horrible scotland tattoos!!!!! i went mental and asked how the hell he'd managed to get into that kind of mess and he said "well if you don't phone can you just go to the door when they come and scare them away?!" i honestly wonder sometimes..........

zacharysmom
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 am 
Post subject:
hahahahaha!! LMAO sitting at my desk at work trying not to laugh out loud!! ''could you go to the door and scare them away??" you're killing me here!!x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
cjarchibald - Those pesky salesmen, must admit men dont seem to be able to handle them do they, my ex flatmate (male) once let Jehovas Witnesses in (Sorry dont mean to offend anyone) they stayed for hours, I hid upstairs in my room while he made them tea Twisted Evil

Flossie xx

gingin
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
dependant syndrome - !! does anyone have a half that is somehow how forgotton how to think for themselves ???
classic we went to stockholm for easter choice of 2 airports other half booked flights yonks ago - got to airport very late managed to get accepted on flight - then he goes to the gate for the airport we hadnt got a ticket for next minute names being called over loudspeaker thingy - and then yes you guess right - he asked why did you book the tickets to that airport - i reminded him that i didnt he did - but somehow i still got the blame LOL
hey ho - yes i think he is the stuff in those books you get when desperate seeking for some sort of guidance that you arent with an alien !!!
another funny one was one day i came home and found 2 of my evening dresses hanging on the line in the sun ----- you know the expensive ones you treat yourself too wear once but never again etc etc --- but you know how you keep them at the bottom of the laundry basket waiting to go to dry cleaners - bless him decided to help do the washing and put everything into machine and kept his fingers crossed - I went white - but the dresses were fine !!
anyway numpty has now gone off to play badminton after comments about 2 bumps in the family - hes never played before so guess he'll be taking painkillers tomorrow!
gx
sozzle
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
quick story before weekend this time not my other numpty (but wonderful nonetheless lovely) other half but his friend. we were round at our friends house - she had just had a baby. baby paraphenalia on table. friend picks up baby item holds it over his nose and mouth and asks in quizzical tone "whats this, a baby gas mask?!!" "no" mummy friend replied "my breast pump". friend couldnt have removed offending item from his face any quicker nor gone any deeper shade of red!! brilliant!!
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Ha ha ha - Embarassed He will never live that down will he!!! Flossie xx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Ha ha that's a good one. My hubby did a washing boo boo the other day too thinking he was being all helpful. I came home from work and he had bathed the dogs, put a washing on for the towels and their jumpers (i live in the highlands and it's bad snow, i'm not paris hilton!!!) and hung it all out in the spare room to dry. He was so pleased with himself but said the dogs jumpers would need washed again cos they didn't seem to smell right. I went up to the spare room and opened the door to a nasty,nasty smell.......went up to the drying 'clean' washing and gave it a sniff. He'd put it in the machine with no washing powder, fabric softener, nothing so not only did it stink of wet, dirty dog but also of horrible damp as he'd forgotten to put the radiator on to dry it as well ! Very Happy xxx
Chutzpah
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Sales people are easy. Just firmly and politely say no, be prepared to give reasons (it's their job to question the fact you're not interested!) and then have a 40 second chat about their day, maybe mention you're glad the weather is kind for them.

They will respect the fact that:

a) you gave a reason for saying no
b) you had a brief chat, which considering they've just had 100 other people be rude to them they are very grateful for!

Contrary to popular belief talking to them like this won't make them push a "hard sell", and you just need to remember that at the end of the day they're only doing a job. Got to be better than scrounging benefits, hasn't it?
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Chutzpah are you a salesman????

Chutzpah
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Business to business sales in management consulting.

I've never done door-to-door. I've done retail but that's about as much selling as I've done to the public.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Chutzpah, thanks for your wonderful insight on salesmen (only joking!!) Wink I will let my hubby know your tips so we don't get anymore random appts booked for things we already have! xxx

gingin
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
god that story about the dogs blankets jumpers is funny ! i can so relate to that i remembe coming home one day to find all the wet washing had been hung up to dry and various pieces of wooden furniture including an antique pine wardrobe - apparently despite having a phd etc numpty didnt know that water and wood dont live in harmony!

nothing to report so far this weekend !

oh and tip about salesman - we had to do this in our exams etc and you just have to say no once after that just ask them the name company etc - and then remind them that they are governed by the FSA and that you'll happily report for harassement - you'll never see them again !
g
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular