Scared of Miscarriage

scaredmum2be
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject: Scared of Miscarriage
I am 19 weeks pregnant, and ever since the day I found out I was expecting, I have been scared of miscarrying. I thought once I got passed 12 weeks, I would feel much better. But here I am in week 19 with the thought still lingering at the back of my mind with every little ache or twinge. Everything was fine at my 12 week scan, and my bloods came back good at 16 weeks. I don't see anyone or have another scan until 23 weeks.

Is it normal to worry like this or am I over-reacting?
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, your not over reacting at all...the thought of something going wrong is there all throughout the pregnancy from beginning to end.. You may have read already, we found out our first baby had died at our 12 week scan and it was the worst day of our lives....my wife is now 12 weeks pregnant again. and we have our first scan in 2 wks tiime and we are both so scared that the same thing is going to happen again....
You are now 19 weeks and im sure u know that it is less likely to miscarry at ths stage, just try to stay positive and enjoy your bump..not long left for your next scan now.. all the best xx
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Dear scaredmum2be,

I thought I would be better after the 12 week safety point had passed but I am a natural worrier and I think I shall be worrying until my baby leaves home and beyond lol.

Now I'm worried about my 16 week blood tests, just hoping they all come back okay and low risk etc.

Just try and take comfort in knowing that your first scan was fine, your bloods were fine and that you are unlikely to miscarry now at 19 weeks.

Take care.

x

kazbabe
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Scaredmum2be

I'm also 19 weeks pregnant and scared of a miscarriage i've got my next scan on the 8th of april and can't wait. As a born worrier I never stop worring. When are you due I'm due on 14th august

Take care
Kaz
x
CL
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:59 pm 
Post subject: Being scared
Hi everyone, i had an ectopic 3 years ago I am now 26 wks pregnant and very happy but in answer to your question Im still worrying. I think if you are that sort of person then you probably will all the way through. I wouldnt be concerned it just shows you care. Try to relax and enjoy it. Thats what my husband is constantly saying to me. Good luck I am sure you will be fine and remember everyone on here is ready to help with any concerns.
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
i agree im 32 weeks with 3rd and still worrie then thers more worrie when they get here lol
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
im 13 weeks, and am forever worrying.

it drives my partner mad! up untill our 12 week scan i kept saying 'ihope babys ok' what if theres something wrong?' my partner as always was really reassuring and kept telling me evything will be fine, after the scan though, he told me i have to stop worrying cause as much as he was reassuring me i was making him worry too! ooppsies!!!! Confused

think the worrying is just a natural thing to happen to us all!! and dont expect it to stop anytime soon! lol!

good luck everyone to the rest of your pregnancy's.

kimberley xo

bex86
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:34 am 
Post subject:
scaredmum2be, i think this is a perfectly normal feeling i was exactly the same with my first and again with my second i thought i would be less worried this time round but no it feels just the same its enough to drive you mad!no matter what anyone says you wont stop worrying its only natural try to relax your baby will be here safe in your arms before you know it! x
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Thank you all for your kind and reassuring words, I just think I'm a natural worrier!! In answer to your question Kazbabe, I am due 12th August, just two days before you. I wish you all good health and luck for the future xx xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular