teething

teething
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:13 am 
Post subject: teething
My two year old has diarreha is this normal for teething he has no other signs of being sick just that he eats well and doesn't act sick, what do you think????
moonmagik
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: teething
teething wrote:
My two year old has diarreha is this normal for teething he has no other signs of being sick just that he eats well and doesn't act sick, what do you think????

i have 4 kids and they've all at sometime had bother with diahrea when they were teething,its very common,my 8mth old baby at the moment has it,so i wouldnt worry to much as long as baby eating and getting plenty fluids then you can be rest assured that its babies teeth and nothing serious.but mind im no doctor just a mother.lol.xxx
AgnesP
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Mild diarreha is a usual symptom of teething. It is actually caused by swallowing large amounts of saliva due to the excessive drooling during teething. Is your kid drooling a lot ?
(source : Teething symptoms at http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/abyss/dep1405.htm)

But there is also a chance that it is just a coincidence and diarrhea is caused by some other problem. Thus I think it is safer to pay a visit to your paediatrician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular