come off pill, had 1 period , now no period after 37 days???

emylou3662
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:51 am 
Post subject: come off pill, had 1 period , now no period after 37 days???
Hi guys & gals,

I was on the pill for 12 years and came off in January. We've been trying for a baby but i'm really confused! Confused

I had a period in February after 32 days and now on my 2nd cycle but as yet no period. its now 37 days. for the last few days i've felt tired (more than normal) and had a few pains in my lower stomach (as if i am going to have a period...but nothing. All day yesterday and today i've felt sick.

I did a test last week...negative, did another one 4 days ago............negative and did a third one yesterday.... Sad negative again!

We really want a baby but i'm so confused. I either want a period to tell me my cycles are normal after coming off pill....or obviously a positive test.

Can any relate to this? i don't know how long to wait before i see a doctor?

Sad

xxxx[color=indigo]
[/color]
GirlyEngland
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:11 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

Just read your post and thought I would say hi and let you know that I am going through the same thing, and from all the things I have read it is perfectly normal for your cycles to go back to normal.

I came off the pill in November after 9 years, had a withdrawal bleed and then about 5 weeks later had my first 'real' bleed. That was in January and so am now on day 67 without anything - but around the 30-40 day mark was suffering with cramps, feeling sick and tired etc... think that it is just your body getting its hormone levels back to normal.

I have now stopped worrying (as this was probably not helping, although perfectly normal) and have decided that if I have no period by the end of this week then I will go to the doctors... Until then I am testing once a week (although past two have been negative) and fingers crossed for baby!

Ohh have you started to take Folic Acid, as this is recommended as soon as you start trying for a baby - I got mine in Tescos!

Hope this helps, it is really confusing and worrying, but I would say that you should get back to normal soon enough...

Good luck! xx
farzu23
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:21 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi,
I'm also waiting for AF. its 37 day and no sign of it yet. done 3 tests and all negetive. its very stressful i know. If AF doesn't arrive till tuesday the will take an appointment to doc. I'm also having Pregnacare Plus from last 3 months. Hope we all get a BFP!! fingers crossed.
anarchic
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
60 days since my last period. neg result every time. fed up. just wish I knew where i stood, stupid female hormones!!
eith come on or get pregnant, why the hell is this so hard?
L
emylou3662
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 am 
Post subject: Hi gals,
Well i went to docs today, been 50 days now and was getting pretty fed up. Doc was great and really put my mind at rest. Said that because my periods were regualr before going on the pill there is no reason why they should be irregular now. Stress is a major factor in getting pregnant and if you or the man are stressed it could drastically effect it. Need to relax more and not think about having a baby .......easier said than done hey! Then need to wait 6 months and go back if nothing has happened. He will then do a sperm check on my husband and do a test on me to see when i ovulate etc etc.

After speaking to a few people who have been on the pill for a long time they said it takes about 6-7 months approx to get it out of your system so fingers crossed we've all just got to be a little more patient. I've started taking pregnacare plus as well, anything to help the process along.

Feeling a bit reasurred now.

Good luck everyone.

Emma

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular