IVF???

FingersCrossed
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject: IVF???
Hi I am looking for a bit of advice. A friend of mine is desperate to have a child but her husband has had a vasectomy and the reversal did not work. They have been told they can go for IVF but because of their situation it would not be on the NHS. If she donates eggs it halves the price to 2500. The success rate is about 40% to actually get pregnant and then obviously some people miscarry.

She has asked me for advice on whether to go for it as they are not very well off and he already has children so does not have the same needs as her. She knows it will put a lot of strain on their relationship and that they would only really be able to manage trying once or twice but does not know whether to draw the line now or go for the IVF.

I would appreciate any advice, especially if you or someone you know has been in a similar situation.
Thanks
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:13 am 
Post subject:
i dont know of any one in the same situation but i can see why she might feel wanting of another child.

id tell her to go for it once, and if that fails then its been left to fate that it just wasnt meant to be, although if she really wants another child she may want to keep trying.

are the children they have both of theirs or from a different relationship?? it really is a toughie and would depend on the circumstances, and then again everyone thinks differently about these things.

wish them the best of luck, its obvious your friend has a friend who obviously cares, and will help her no matter what she decides.

kimberley xo

FingersCrossed
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thanks, unfotunately the children are her husbands from a previous marriage, he is 12 years older than her. The children he has are fantastic but they are all above 10 now and so dont really need much from her as they live with their mother most of the time. I think she would just love one of her own with him x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular