trying to get pregnant 10 years after last child!

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject: trying to get pregnant 10 years after last child!
Anyone had a big gap between pregnancies? I have only been trying for 1 month not happened yet but I know Im expecting it to happen too soon!!!
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:35 pm 
Post subject: 8 year gap!
Hi. I have just had and Ectopic pregnancy after a nearly 8 year gap. Not that the Ep has any significance to the gap,,but the reaction people had to the fact that we would like another child after 8 years is surprising. Most people were happy till my loss and have since given positive thoughts for a future baby. But there have been comments about the gap and my age. I am only 34!!! |Good luck with getting a BFP. Pup X
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there I have a 13 year gap and am currently 12 weeks pregnant and I am 40!!! Have had quite a few comments, but had no problems getting pregnant, did lose 2 very early on I would say more down to my age but its very hard to get definite answers. Good luck with future pregnancy(s).

Take care, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for both replies. Funily enough I am also 40 which is why I am worried about getting pregnant again! I guess I need to relax and wait for nature etc etc to takes its course! Patience is a virtue I do not have!! H xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Helz123 - Just forgot to mention the only thing I did do was keep a good check on my cycle and basically kept an eye on the calendar although did not want to do the 'baby dance' just to get pregnant!! Just felt if it happened it happened, GP told me it could take me some time as one of my ovaries looked like it wasnt doing much (from scan)....am thanking my lucky stars everything still seems to be in good working order Laughing

Let us know how you get on - will look out for your posts, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
thanks flossie, I know I shouldn't be too disappointed after one try! How long did it take for you to conceive? I just hope it does work without having to wait too long!! Helz123 x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helz123 - Started trying June 2007 fell July and m/c August, fell again in Nov and m/c December then got pregnant again January!!! Phew, so didnt do too bad. Hope that gives you some hope...

Good luck, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi again

that does give me hope. Sorry you had to go through all that but glad you are now looking forward to your baby. Have you only got 1 other child? I have 2 girls, one 13 one 10. Smile

H xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helz - I have 1 daughter aged 15 and a son aged 12. Tried not to dwell too much on m/c to be honest I half expected it, that probably sounds awful but it was the best way for me to deal with it. I found it very hard to tell my children I was pregnant my son looked at me as if to say uuuggghhh mum I know what you have been doing!!! Embarassed

Flossie xx

Bromley
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Theres a 9 year diff between my son and this pregnancy.

My friend had a baby last year and theres a 14 year gap between her son(15) and daughter(6 months). Daughter was concieved through IVF and son naturally.
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
So did you all of a sudden hear the bodyclock ticking??? Up until a couple of months ago I never really considered having any more but all of a sudden I wanted one! Spoke to my husband who is so happy that I have said this! Just hope we haven't missed the boat!!! Hope I can still do it! Rolling Eyes

Helz xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
Yes kind of just thought this could be my last chance and I couldnt imagine NOT doing it, I certainly weighed up the pros and cons but it just feels right have now become a complete baby bore!!! I think the need certainly has buit up in me since I lost the last 2, am sure you will be ok having a baby over 35 apparently is becoming more popular and I have a friend who had her 1st at 41 and 2nd at 43, my grandma also had twins at 46 in 1966 which was practically unheard of then. I think we are setting a trend.

Keep me posted, any questions feel free to ask. Thought I might mention that I am having a Nuchal Translucency Scan on Wednesday I live in Lincolnshire and it is not offered on the NHS here so am having it done privately, my consultant recommended it as he does for all mums to be over 35, I am combining blood tests with this to get the most accurate result possible, everything is so different from 1996!!

Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi again Flossie

I have a friend who is also pregnant and 18 weeks gone. She had that scan as she is 41 all was good with her. We also have to pay for it as we live in Wales. Good luck with the scan hope all is good.

Helz x
startingagain
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies,

I'm new to the site, hope you don't mind me butting in ?

An OLDER Mum - 38, my kids are 16, 14 and 11 and believe it or not I've just gone through a sterilisation reversal.

My ex-hubby and I split 8 years ago then 2.5 years ago I met my soul mate and have been fighting the feelings since.

Didn't take long before we gave in !!! I was very lucky and had a lovely consultant ( had to go private as I have kids, even though my OH doesn't ) and I had my reversal on 20th February this year. So we are just starting TTC .

I am hoping that as I was very fertile when I was younger and I relatively active and healthy it will go in my favour .

Keep those positive thoughts and I'm sure It won't be too long before you get your BFP's

x x x
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

well you must be 1 million per cent sure that you want another baby to go through all that! Fingers crossed for you and me both eh!! Its hard playing the waiting game I just wonder wot I used to think about!!!

Helz xx
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular