3 week old nocturnal baby

Lui
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject: 3 week old nocturnal baby
Our 3 week old seems to sleep very little at night - was up with him until 4 this morning. I don't think it is wind or hunger as he stops crying and falls asleep on my chest but the minute we put him down he cries. How do you get over baby anxiety?
Deanobaby
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
At 3 weeks this is perfectly normal, it can go on for a few months so get plenty sleep during your babies nap times, day and night. xxx

FD
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lui,

I had something very similar with my daughter and it can be very stressful and lonely but it does get easier.
I would try what you can to break the sleeping on the chest otherwise you may find yourself with real sleep issues come around 3/4 months old. - sorry to be so blunt.

There are a couple of things you can try:

1. Elevate the crib to (not quite but almost) 45 degrees by raising one set of legs using book (or a pillow UNDER the matress)

2. Reinact the noises heard in the womb by playing white noise music - there are loads of sites on the internet where you can get this immediately to download and play

Deano baby is right try to get a much sleep as you possily can by grabbing it during the day. It is hard work but it does get easier and you begin to get more rewards from them as they start to interact with you more- honest.

Hope these things help you.
FD

ww.calmsleepingbaby.com
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 am 
Post subject:
I had the same problem with my son!! Before he was born I was determind to get him into a rite good routine, unfortunately things didnt go to plan !!
For the first 2months he slept most of the day and woke just as I was goin 2 bed! Id sit up on the sofa rocking him and cuddling him and trying to give him milk till sometimes 5 in the morning!!! I remember crying all nite because I was so tired, while my partner slept through it all! GRRRRR Crying or Very sad
He is now nrly 6 months old and sleeps from 7.30 - 6/7ish each nite? so roughly 11hrs! YAY!! he also has a few naps in the day for around 30minutes to an hour!!
It does get easier and takes time to get them into a routine! Very Happy
Get as much sleep when your baby sleeps as you can!
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 am 
Post subject:
yes it is really hard to get them out of a routine once they r in it so good luck ladies
u def gonna need it Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular