how do you disipline a one year old

elle444
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject: how do you disipline a one year old
My toddler is 15 months , how do i disipline him, hes soo mischief and keeps tryin to turn the tv on n off but is so persistant and im also pregnant with my second child so its tiring running around after him!
Sophie21
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
i work with children, so what i would suggest is first off if you are watching tv and he goes to turn it off, just ignore him and act as if it does not bother you and do not pay him any attention, go and do the washing or something, he will soon realise that he is not getting a reaction out of you so will get bored of it, he keeps doing it because he sees it as a game with you becuase you get up everytime he turns it off, you giving him attention for his negative behaviour. it will take a while, but should work.
lisaloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I agree with the above comment and it does work sometimes!!

I have a 16 month year old who does exactly the same thing........toddlers are exploring and learning all the time. When they press the button and realise what happens and they want to do it more and more!!!!

Yes, its very annoying though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular