fed up!!!

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 pm 
Post subject: fed up!!!
heya all

i am totally fed up, we have had to move back to my partners parents because we got broken in to, our lil one will not listen to what we are saying but what my oh parents and brother is saying, he is misbehaving, how do i cope with this and being heavily pregnant, we had to move out of a 2 bedroom property back to one room, the room aint big enough to fit another cot in, the council will not give us a property, because they think this property we are in is big enough, when it is a four bedroom property but every single room is taken up, we can not move back to our proerty because the landlord has got new tenants, so basically we are classed as homeless, and no one helping us,
we need our own place, and i wish our lil one would start to listen to us and not no one else any advice

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
I think not listening is very common for a child of his age. My little girl does not listen ! they want to be independant and do what they want and not what we tell them. the best thing to do is to try and minimise the trouble he can get into - like take stuff you don't want him to touch out of reach and close doors and use reins when you are out. Also if i tell my little girl something is naughty then she does it all the more !

Sorry about your housing situation. I would keep going back to the council to get you housed again. Or try housing charitys and agencies in your area. Could you rent somewhere private ? If you get housing benefit ? Try the citizens advice maybe.
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
me and my partner are on benefits, and we can not afford deposit and first months rent,

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
If you explained the situation to your midwife? She might be able to put in a word with the council, I know that they would have done for DH and I when I fell pregnant as my aunt was living with us but she then moved out.

Surely the council know that you are in 1 bedroom? Sometimes they dont listen the first time and you have to keep on at them. What if your MIL wrote to them to explain that you cant stay, they would have to house you because you would definately be homeless.

Hope it gets sorted for you asap x

Xandersmum
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lovely, sounds very tough and maybe little one is playing up as they are a bit unsettled too with the situation and you are probably finding their behaviour harder as you must be feeling pretty low right now so everything gets to us more when we're stressed out.

Google the housing trust and see if they can help as you definitely qualify according to their website.

Good luck, hope it gets better soon!!
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 am 
Post subject:
thanks,

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I don't know much about hosuing benefit and stuff - hopefully a charity would be able to help x
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
The only problem is they may suggest putting u in a hostel mother and baby unit until they give you a place.

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun iv just found this information about overcrowding

Quote:
Overcrowding and council houses
The rules on when a property is overcrowded are complicated, and even if conditions are cramped a property may not be not ‘legally’ overcrowded. When deciding if a property is legally overcrowded, your council will consider:
what rooms you can use to sleep in – for example, you may be expected to sleep in a living room
the number of people in each room – children under ten are expected to share
the amount of space in each room – children under one year old aren’t counted as a person when deciding how many people share a room
If you're concerned about overcrowding speak to your council or get advice.

and if i remember right from when i was applying, each person over 18 (might even be 16) should have there own room, unless they are in a relationship

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am 
Post subject:
still fed up, i have two kids and people still want to tell me how to look after them, it does my head in, they are my kids not there, i bring them up the way i want to, i would understand if they was there kids but they aint

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular