any help greatly appreciated..

kipps
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:53 pm 
Post subject: any help greatly appreciated..
hi im new to the site..

very confused at the moment..

have taken 3 tests.. 2 sainsburys and 1 regulat clear blue but both have come up negative..

but i have been feeling nauseous for last 2 weeks, my boobs are getting massive nd nipples are very sensitive, i am knakered all the time im spotting and im starting to get headaches... my eating habits are changing too.. constantly wanting salty food... and crying and throwing tantrums are becoming extremely regular...

i have severe problems with my periods and can bleed for 6weeks plus or only have a few days before each period... so i dont have a clu when im due or when my last period was....

any ideas?? im now not sure if im making symptoms up so i can concince myself i am..
ja43118
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi kipps

I dont know if you are - but from reading through these forums you can have negative tests and still be pregnant - probably the only way to confirm is blood test with doctor - but be warned - they are not the most helpful people in the world.

I also have to say that all those symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms - but even if you arent, dont feel crazy. I had a M/C at 7 weeks but before that I had all your symptoms - cravings, tired, sore boobs - I swear to God I felt the baby move even though it wasnt more than a cluster of cells at that point. If we want something so badly - I guess our mind wants us to feel those things. I bet 9 out of 10 of the women on this site have had symptoms without being pregnant.

Good luck - I really hope you are one of those people who goes on to tell the story of negative tests but actually being pregnant - but rather than drive yourself crazy (ier) you should go to doc and get tested.

Jo x
lisamummy
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:35 am 
Post subject:
in my 1st pregnancy i did 4 pregnancy tests in a 2 week period and all where negative ,a further 2 weeks later i did 2 more tests and they where a very faint positive,i suppose it depends on your pregnancy hormone levels, ask your doctor to do a test. a blood test will give u an acurate result ( but like ja43118 said doctors ( through my experince ) are not very helpfull )

i wish you the best

lisa
xXxsamxXx
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi
not wanting to crush your hopes but last month i had the exact same thing.all the symptoms and 3 negative tests. i then had a period for 2 days (which i thought could be inplanation bleeding) but all the test i do are neg.
My advice would be to wait a few weeks and do another test. seeing as your periods are irregular if its still negative in a few weeks and you've stil got these symptoms it mite be worth going to get a blood test at the doctors. they are much more reliable and can get u results for the nxt day.
good luck x x
kipps
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all the replies.. went to the docotors today and have blood test on friday.. so fingers crossed..

is this quite normal then for tests to not work??
lisamummy
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
they should work cus the hormone they are detecting is only present when u are pregnant, some tests are stronger ie: they can detect the hormone at lower levels, but your blood test will be accurate.

fingers crossed 4 you

lisa x
kipps
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
well i hope the ones ive used are wrong.. had 3 negative ones... are the blood test results quite quick???

sorry to ask but this is very new to me and doctor was no help..

xx
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
hi I HOPE YOU GET THE RESULT YOU ARE AFTER, WRONG - ARE MORE COMMON THAN WRONG + SO FINGERS CROSSED!! BLOOD TESTS ARE NORMALLY BACK WITHIN 3-5 DAYS AT MY SURGERY AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A DEF YES OR NO Very Happy
GOODLUCK XX
xXxsamxXx
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject:
my doctors get the blood results back for the next day. just ask when ur having the blood taken hopefully it'll only take a day.
hope all goes well,
let us know how it goes x x x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular