so poorly

lilmissus125
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject: so poorly
i just don't know what to do, i'm currently 9 weeks pregnant today and since around 5 weeks i have experienced every symptom in the world of pregnancy symptoms! i have had 2 uti's, tonsilitis, horrendously bad constipation, constant nausea which means i cant eat anything, and feel exhausted 100% of the time, i love this baby so much already but most days i cant even face getting out of bed let alone putting make up on or doing the house work, i'm currently training to be a paediatric nurse and have assignment deadlines hanging over me and interviews and forms to fill in and i just cant summon the energy to do anything, i feel like such a failure as a mum to be, i cant keep on top of anything please tell me this will pass?, its not that i'm ungrateful for this pregnancy i know how lucky i am and cant wait to be a mum its just hard to deal with so many different things going on, i'm only 20 and feel around 50 at the mo Crying or Very sad
any advice would be great thanks
sam x

sozzle
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
you poor thing, it sounds like you've had a shocking time recently. Dont worry though symptoms are sure to get better next trimester. i felt nauseous and ridiculously tired for whole of first three months and that made me teary enough without being unwell and having the stress of assignments as well You sound like you are doing absolutely brilliantly especially with so much to cope with. Have you got people who can give you support and a hand with things whilst you are feeling so unwell? can you talk to your tutors? Its really important that you look after yourself and get lots of rest. Im sending you lots of happy thoughts and hopes that your little baby lets its poor mummy feel better soon! there is light at the end of tunnel! - promise!
gingin
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
ok i can sympathise with this but i hate to tell you that my symptons didnt ease till week 14 ! and i still get very tired and nauseous if i dont eat regularly - i have completely gone off all food too - i just eat for the sake of it but dont seem to enjoy anything - no cravings nothing really
all i can say is dont fight the sleep - try and catnap or rest as much as poss even if its a power nap - try and take a vitamin supplement as recomended they do make a difference
take care
g
x
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
im 12 weeks now and i was really poorly right from the start, i also suffer terribly with UTI's! however, the sickness is easing, boobs aren't as sore and just generally feeling a lil better about myself( hormones are settling) maybe things will settle for you soon! your not the only one hun Smile wish you all the best xx
lilmissus125
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so much for all your comments has made me feel much more positive, had some good news today got my scan date through 10th April so not long to wait really chuffed, plus mum had insisted i go to the docs and i've got an appointment this afternoon so hopefully he'll have some good ideas like weather i'm anaemic or not, mum says i look half dead! i had a good old cry this morning and for some reason feel much better, keep reminding myself what i'll get at the end of this, its so nice to have other ppl understand how i'm feeling, will let you know how i get on at the docs, good luck to all of you, thanks again
sam xxxx

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
oooh exciting-i had my dating scan last week-i found out that i was a week further on than i thought! i could see the baby moving about-its amazing!! Very Happy xx
xamberx
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
aww bless ya, u rly need to eat tho thats the only reason u r feeling sick, im the same bt wen i eat i feel so much better, its the babys way of telling u its hungry lol, as for nt wanting to get out of bed u shud try, ive bin feeling a lil like that thort it was begining of depression bt thnk its jst lazyness lol, but if u do get urself motivated u will feel a whole lot better trust me neways gd luck xx
charlieb85
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 am 
Post subject: Never been so ill in all my life
Im so glad that im not the only one, ive been feeling so ill lately, Being sick just out the blue, yesturday i was sick 5 times, after eating and when my husband came in the room with a bacon sandwich. I am 9 weeks and i dont think ive ever felt this emotionally or physically tired in all my life and im only 22.
I've been told that it will get better and im sure it will, all i think about now is that at the end of all this were going to have a beautiful little baby and it will all be worth it in the end..
clo89
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Dont worry girls i am 15 weeks now and have had a really bad time constantly sick and tired. It does begin to pass round about 12 weeks it started to ease off for me. My doctor recomended sucking ginger root i wasnt too keen but it really helped. Hope you feel better soon ladies x x x
Maxey
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Lilmssus, how did it go with the doctor?
I also have felt rubbish all the way through and have been really sick. Last week I had another week of keeping nothing down, even though I was trying all the recommendations. The doctor gave me some anti-nausea pills to stop me bieng sick which have worked so far, but I only have 2 days left of these so starting to ration them now! Also due to not keeping fluids down I have got a UTI aswell.
So yes as everyone else says, just keeping trying to eat even if it does come back up. also try sipping water in very small amounts (nurse said teaspoon size at a ime), but frequently so you keep some fluid down too.
Hope you start to feel better soon.
Max

Jump to:  

Community

Popular