im pregnant 18 and scared

xnicx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 pm 
Post subject: im pregnant 18 and scared
hi everyone im 18 and im 6 weeks 3 pregnant its really scary i dont want to mis carry or do some thing wrong to harm my unborn baby please throw me some advise thanks xx
mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. I had a baby at 19 and it is quite scary when your that young. My only advice to you would be to take it easy, stop drinking, eat well and try to stop smoking if that applies. You will need to visit your gps clinic to arrange car. Congratulations on your pregnancy have a H & H 9 months x Very Happy

My babies are growing up!
xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi nic, first of all try not to worry i know its easier said than done but worrying wont do you or your baby any good. Im 19 and when i found out i was pregnant it was a massive shock as me and oh were both using contraceptives but we were both really happy about it. My Oh is 7 years older than me so he has more life experience than me, but i hadnt a clue.I worried that people would look down their noses at me bcos of my age but then the time came where i just didnt care. I bought baby books and looked up everything i didnt know on the internet, which led me to askbaby!! However my mum was the person who gave me the most advice, without her i wouldnt know half the information i do! Everyone has different pregnancies, as long as you eat well and feel healthy then theres nothing to worry about. Just take good care of yourself! Congrats on your pregnancy hun xx

selinamarie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Yes...congratulations hunni...Just take it easy, I'm having my 2nd baby and I'm 26...I found out I was pregnant the first time around when I was 20 and at that age you do worry what people are going to say, just try to relax and i'm sure all will go smoothly...read up on foods to avoid and make sure you attend all appointments and i'm sure all will run smoothly.

Take Care x
toria12345
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
i was 18 when i found out, 19 now. i thought my mum would never speak to me again but i got completely the opposite reaction in that shes over the moon. she was shocked and upset at first because she just wants the best for me.
she said to me that this is supposed to be the happiest time of my life and to make sure it is.
remember - having a baby is the best gift of all, there will always be someone that loves you no matter how rubbish your feeling

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome. I had my first child when I was 19 and though I was married it was hard work as she was very ill. All I can say is try to eat well and rest as much as you can and you'll have done all you can to ensure your baby is ok. When you see the midwife she will explain everything (when you have your checks, scans and blood tests) and she should also give you a book about pregnancy with things you should avoid eating. If you have not seen your doctor yet try to get an appointment as they might need to refer you to the midwife or will at least tell you how to arrange it. Good luck with your pregnancy and if you ever need advice we are all here to help.

BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi
Welcome to the forum don't be scared having a baby is a gift and a wonderfull one, Try not to stress to much take things easy and have a happy and healthy 9 months
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular