Flossie how did the scan go?

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:27 pm 
Post subject: Flossie how did the scan go?
Hi Flossie

just wondered how your scan went today?

Helz xx Smile
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for remembering that is really kind. Scan went really really well odds of Down Syndrome before scan were 1 : 78 after scan 1 : 786 baby had a nuchal fold of about 1.8mm which was worse case scenario it was slightly less but they round it up, it also made my odds of Edwards and Patau Syndrome 1 : 1117, which is fabulous. It also gave me a maternal age of 27 thought that was great Wink shame it doesnt erase the crows feet also....
My little one had its thumb in its mouth I felt absolutely choked and really thought I was going to cry, I just found that so endearing. I was actually scanned for an hour and had to have a wee twice lol Embarassed I can really recommend this scan for anyone who feels its necessary for them, the Clinic where I had mine was called Brayford Studio and is in Lincolnshire (hope I can plug them) they were wonderful, they told me my baby was beautiful!!! Am sure they say that to everyone but it was the best 100 I have ever spent and I will be going back for a 3D.
Thanks Helz for remembering us today, Flossie xxx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Flossie

thats fantastic news! I bet you were relieved? I just can't wait to be in your shoes, its nearly time to ttc in a few days! Fingers crossed eh!!

Helz xx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks - sending you lots of baby dust, its very exciting.

Keep me posted, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
lets hope it works! Smile

Helz xx
sozzle
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Flossie - great news on scan. so pleased for you. im definitely going for 3D scan as well. bet you cant wait to see the little one again - i know i cant

Helz - good luck with yours
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
Sozzle It was brilliant thanks for all your advice its all a bit daunting!! 3D booked for 7 July 2008 and will get a dvd for Grandparents, brothers and sisters etc, cant wait.
Thanks so much, Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
thanks sozzle

i really can't wait to be pregnant again hope it works next time! Suppose I can't expect miracles too quickly. Rolling Eyes

Flossie - how much does the 3d scan cost? Bet it will be amazing!

Helz xx
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thats great news Very Happy xxx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well 3D Scan I am having is costing 145 - that includes a 20 minute DVD loads of pictures, colour and black & white and baby sexing (if you want this). If anyone is near Lincolnshire I cannot recommend this place highly enough, absolutely wonderful.

Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
thats well worth the money then. Are your kids looking forward to having a baby bro or sis? My girls would love it fingers crossed!!!

Helz x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
My son has turned into the biggest baby bore he wants to go on here every day and see how much the baby has grown (he is 12) and keeps patting my tummy. Daughter who is nearly 16 is excited but has too many other things going on in her life to think about it just now I think you know boys, laptops, clothes, make up, friends oh and of course GCSE's!! Oh and baby names are quite important to her, thankfully she seems to like some of the ones we have picked, really like Freddie for a boy and Nuala (pronounced Noola) or Florence for a girl. I feel like I can start looking ahead now I have got past the 12 week mark and seen little one today, these last weeks have been hard as the possibility of another m/c has always been in the back of my mind.

Flossie xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
aah nice names. Did you say you have just turned 40? I turned the big 4 uh oh in Jan!! Don't feel it tho!!

Helz x
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Lol yes turned 40 in Feb - I dont feel it either but this pregnancy is taking its toll am absolutely shattered was awake at 4 this morning feeling so so sick, had a lovely result at clinic today though my 'maternal age' came back as 27!!!! Not quite sure how computer gets this but I am not going to argue xx

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i wonder how they work that out?? Bet mine will be 72 lol!!! Bet you feel so much more relaxed after today? Counting down the days now! I'm doing counting of a different kind! Laughing

Helz xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular